My Life Was a Meaningless Mess

Before I was blessed with this amazing process of Krishna consciousness for awakening my original, eternal divine consciousness I was a bewildered, miserable lost soul. Although I had a sentiment of doing the highest good for the suffering humanity and had for this purpose adopted the lifestyle of a singer/songwriter for trying to promote higher consciousness to the world, I had not a clue of what is the actual higher consciousness. But in 1971 by the grace of Lord Sri Krishna I was able to get the shelter of the most enlightened and influential spiritual master in history, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Ever since then I have been living in paradise assisting my spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, in transforming this entire world into a paradise. If you have not yet joined in this mission embracing it as your very life and soul, you should do so today. Why unnecessarily suffer for even one second longer?

With Happy Customers of My New Book "Truth Works"
19 April 2015--Pune, India

With Happy Customers of My New Book "Truth Works"

Testimonial From Abhishek Kalva

Testimonial From Abhishek Kalva
I got myself introduced to this e-course in the year 2006. Since then I have been following the teachings of Sriman Sankarshan Das Adhikari Prabhu continuously. Though I knew very little about ISKCON earlier to joining this e-course, it was only after I got introduced to this e-course that I have truly understood the meaning and purpose of this society and realized the efforts of its Founder Acharya Swami Srila Prabhupada.

I was born in a family which is too materialistic and always spending time in sense gratification. Right from the beginning days of my teenage I was having an inclination towards spiritual life and wanted to find out the answers concerning the soul, what is its relation with God and what are we and where do we belong. Sometimes I hear people around me saying that this human form of life is very precious and also that its only purpose is to gratify our senses more and more. I was never really satisfied with what was happening around me and was in search of someone who would guide me properly. All this was happening during my college days and, one fine day when I was browsing through internet about spiritual topics I came across the “Ultimate Self Realization Course." This moment changed my life from then on. Though in the beginning I was not regularly reading all the daily messages, but over the time when I was receiving messages for which I was always seeking the answers: I was happy, satisfied and content that I could find a genuine Guru who is dedicating his life to enlighten poor souls like me worldwide.

I would recommend this e-course for all those souls who are genuinely trying to understand the purpose of life. This is an ideal platform from where everyone of us can kick-start our journey for going Back to Godhead.

Hare Krishna
Abhishek Kalva

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Can I Go Back to Godhead Without Being Initiated?

Some of my devotee friends have told me that one does not have to be an initiated disciple of bona fide spiritual world in order to attain the spiritual world at the time of death. Is this true?

A.D.

Answer: Initiation is Required. Don't Make a Fool's Paradise.

According to great spiritual authorities initiation is absolutely imperative for anyone who wants to enter into the spiritual world at the time of death. Srila Prabhupada was asked about the necessity of initiation during a morning walk conversation on 22 May 1975 in Melbourne, Australia. Here's how the conversation went:

Madhudvisa: The question was, Prabhupada, is it possible for a person to return to the spiritual world without taking initiation from a bona fide spiritual master?
Prabhupada: No, that is not possible. Therefore Rupa Gosvami said, adau gurv-asrayam. First business is to accept spiritual master.

Srila Prabhupada has also written about this in his books. In his purport to Caitanya Caritamrita, Madhya Lila 15:108 he quotes this verse:

"Unless one is initiated by a bona fide spiritual master, all his devotional activities are useless. A person who is not properly initiated can descend again into the animal species."

And in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam 8.1.15 Srila Prabhupada writes:

"Always thinking of Krishna means chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, but unless one is an initiated devotee he cannot do this."

So although it may be a very comfortable and pleasing idea that one can go back to Godhead without having to fully surrender to a bona fide spiritual master, it is absolutely untrue. This is simply another version of fool's paradise. If even for an ordinary college degree one has to enroll in a university, we can understand how much even more essential it be must be for one to enroll as a disciple if he wants to attain the supreme destination.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?