Finding True Love At Last

We are all hankering for love, but the problem is that in this material world everyone is self-centered and therefore out to take advantage of us instead of purely loving us. This is why in our relationships we are not satisfied and are so frustrated in so many ways. Our natural psychological need for love is not being satisfied. There is where Krishna consciousness comes to our rescue. As soon as we put Krishna or God back in the center a tidal wave of pure love flows everywhere inundating everyone in an unlimited ocean of loving happiness. We can then give pure love to everyone and find the greatest satisfaction in our relationships.

Loving Send Off from Riga, Latvia--28 April 2015


Sankarshan Das Adhikari Loving Send Off from Riga, Latvia, 28 April 2015

Testimonial From Guru Vandana Devi Dasi

Testimonial From Guru Vandana Devi Dasi
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Srila Gurudeva’s Thought For The Day keeps ignorance at bay.

During 2004-05 I was asked to worship various demigods for atonement of previous karmic reactions. The prayers were all on the bodily platform, and I began to question myself why such prayers are not offered to Krishna. I had learnt some prayers of the Alwars (Vaishnava saints of South India) in my school and could relate to that. All the hymns are expressions of unconditional love for God. I became very inquisitive about what exactly we have to pray to God. The more I visited demigods, the more I started worshiping Krishna with questions to Him.

When I was searching for something on Google, Krishna connected me to the Ultimate Self Realization Course. Thereon all my questions I had, were answered. The Vedic injunction is that we have to receive the knowledge from the perfect source. I found the author of the course to be an authorized bona fide professor of spiritual knowledge, in the line of disciplic succession directly descending from the Supremely Perfect Person, Krishna. I accepted him as my spiritual master.

From his teachings, I came to know about the goal of my life. Earlier I was a timid, docile, confused person; now I am not. My lifestyle has totally changed and I realize that the course is working on me transforming me into a disciplined person. Just like a bitter medicine is covered by a sugar coated capsule, Srila Gurudeva’s daily dose of high philosophy/instructions covered with nectarean words, cures us from the jaundice of ignorance.

It Truly Works!

This Ultimate Self Realization Course is recommended for anyone who is in pursuit of self- realization, wants to solve all his problems of life and wants to establish himself in his original position of eternity, knowledge and bliss. This spiritual knowledge is not for a particular person or sect, but for the whole world. By spreading this real spiritual culture throughout the world, the morale of society can be properly maintained and there will happiness and peace everywhere.

Yours truly,
Guru Vandana devi dasi

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Is Bhakti Useless Without Initiation?

I would like kindly to ask you to clarify Srila Prabhupada's statements, which you have quoted below:

"Unless one is initiated by a bona fide spiritual master, all his devotional activities are useless. A person who is not properly initiated can descend again into the animal species."

and

"Always thinking of Krishna means chanting the Hare Krishna mantra, but unless one is an initiated devotee he cannot do this."

And then you say: "If even for an ordinary college degree one has to enroll in a university, we can understand how much even more essential it be must be for one to enroll as a disciple if he wants to attain the supreme destination."

I understand and accept that to be able to enter into Krishna's adobe, the spiritual world, we should take shelter of the lotus feet of the bona fide spiritual master, be initiated by him, and serve him with love and devotion. But I do not understand how it is that unless we are initiated all of our devotional activities are useless? What exactly does Prabhupada mean by this?

With my best wishes,
Vadim

Answer: One Cannot Be Krishna Conscious Independently

If one understands the necessity of being initiated by a bona fide spiritual master and is sincerely working towards that goal, his devotional activities are certainly useful, even before his initiation, because they are taking him to initiation, an essential step on the pathway of spiritual awakening. But if he proudly thinks that he does not need a guru and that he can perfect himself in Krishna consciousness without the help of a guru, the benefit he will receive from his devotional activities is so minuscule that it will be practically useless.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?