"I-Ness" Is Not False

The Mayavadi philosophers and the Buddhist philosophers tell us that our sense of "I-ness" or individual identity is false. The Mayavadis say that the only reality is impersonal oneness. But if everything is one, how could the so-called illusion of duality exist? It would be impossible for it to exist. And the Buddhists tell us that the only reality is nothingness or void. If everything is nothing, how could the philosophy of nothingness exist? It would be impossible for it to exist. So in spite of these attacks from the Mayavadis and Buddhists on the existence of the individual self, the individual self still exists as the eternal servant of Krishna.

Prabhupada Enlightens Disciples With Transcendental Knowledge

Prabhupada Enlightens Disciples With Transcendental Knowledge

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: What Does Krishna Want from Me?

Dear Spiritual Father,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You said to me that I should serve Krishna here at home, and try to be Krishna conscious 24 hours day. And You told to me that I should pray for guidance from Krishna how to keep my restless mind fixed on Him. I would have liked to served you also in other ways. What does Krishna want from me? How can I serve Him here at home? How to get started and do it better.

Thank You for You help and patience, and lots of love to you there in the Holy Land.

Sincerely,

Your Servant

Answer: Follow Your Spiritual Master's Orders

My Dear Spiritual Daughter,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you very much for your sincere love and your mood of surrender to the instructions of the spiritual master. This loving, submissive mode is the secret of success how we can rapidly advance ourselves on the pathway of Krishna consciousness.

Since I am dedicated as your spiritual master for taking you back to home, back to Godhead, if will focus your consciousness fully now for going back to home, back to Godhead by always hearing about Krishna, chanting His holy names, and serving your Gaura Nitai deities there in your home, you will be rendering the best of all personal service to me. For most of our students we recommend that they attend their nearest ISKCON temple regularly. But in your case, because you live three hours away from your nearest ISKCON temple you should focus your spiritual life around your home altar and by always pleasing your spiritual master being fully obedient to his order to always remember Krishna and never forget Krishna.

Here's how you can serve your beloved Gaura Nitai deities:

Rise early every morning before sunrise. Take your bath, wake your deities, offer them a two milk sweets, and then offer them mangala arati. Chant your 16 rounds nicely, read the Srimad Bhagavatam and then prepare a nice breakfast for your transcendental Lords. Then you may honor prasadam and go to your job. (Whenever time permits you can also bath and dress your deities after mangala arati.)

When you return in the evening, take another bath and offer your deities hot milk and some foodstuffs. After giving them some time to enjoy their prasadam you should then offer them arati and put them to rest for the night. Then you may honor prasadam and read from Srila Prabhupada's books before you take your rest.

In this way, you will please me greatly just as much as if your were traveling all over the world with me as my personal servant, Of course, whenever you can come and be with me during my travels your personal service will always be most welcome.

I hope this meets you in the best of health
and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?