Ecstasy at Mangala-Arati First Thing in the Morning

There is nothing sweeter than rising early in the morning to attend mangala arati. It is the most enlivening and beautiful way to begin one's day. Srila Prabhupada writes about it in his purport to verse 3 of the Nectar of Instruction:

"In this Krishna consciousness movement we require everyone to rise early in the morning, by four A.M., and attend mangala-arati, or morning worship, then read Srimad-Bhagavatam, perform kirtana, and so forth. Thus we hold continuous activities in devotional service twenty-four hours daily. This is called sato vrtti, or following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas who expertly filled every moment of time with Krishna conscious activities."

Everyone can attend mangala-arati and receive an auspicious blessing upon their day. In fact the very name "mangala" means "auspicious." So anyone who attends mangala arati will have an auspicious day. Those who live the temple or near the temple can attend mangala-arati at the temple. And those who live far away from the temple can have mangala-arati at their own home or attend it at the home of another devotee who lives nearby.
Ecstatic Mangala Arati--ISKCON Vrindavana, India

Testimonial from Sagar Bejalwar

Testimonial from Sagar Bejalwar
My name is Sagar, I am originally from Mumbai (India) but am currently doing my MBA in the United States.

My father has always been a very spiritually inclined person, and when I started asking him questions about our existence and life, he recommended me to the Ultimate Self Realization E-learning course.

I look forward to Gurudeva's beautiful "Thoughts for the Day" and questions asked by ardent and/or neophyte devotees. This course has enabled me to understand why we exist at all and how we have become slaves to sense pleasure completely forgetting about our true spiritual roots.

This course has also encouraged me to chant "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" on a regular basis. Chanting God's name relieves me from anxieties and helps me feel at ease with my body and soul.

I strongly recommend subscribing to the E-Learning course especially for those people who are looking for answers to life and want to connect with God at a deeper level. It is going to be a life changing experience, you can count me on that !

Thanks & Regards
Sagar Bejalwar

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How to Be Free From Laziness?

Hare Krishna, Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

My question is as follows:

I am very lazy, and I am not very sincere about spirituality. So is it my fault, or is this lazy propensity and insincerity due to my past karma? I am very nervous due to this. So I humbly request you to enlighten me by your nectarean instructions and clear my doubt.

Trying to be your humble servant,
S.V.

Answer: Chant Hare Krishna. Take Shelter of Guru and Krishna.

Your past karma is your fault, and your laziness, which is stemming from your past karma, is therefore also your fault. The good news is that by chanting Hare Krishna and taking shelter of guru and Krishna you will throw off the influence of your past karma and become an enthusiasm power house. So do that.

Your claim of insincerity is false because anybody who can write as you have written me is one of the most sincere people in the entire world.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?