Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

On Friday 26 June 2015 I was blessed with the greatest good fortune of meeting with two of the dearest devotees of my entire life, His Grace Amarendra Prabhu and his good wife, Srimati Gayatri devi dasi. I am eternally indebted to these great souls for how much they helped me in my spiritual life when I was a young devotee. When I was young brahmacari monk in 1973 I joined with the two of them in Gainesville, Florida. We were a three person preaching center, and they were just like a mother and father to me. I had so many wonderful Krishna conscious experiences in their association that I can hardly begin to describe them here. But at least may it suffice for me to say for now that Gayatri taught me what it means to be a soft-hearted devotee of the Lord and she gave me my first cooking lesson, teaching me how to make cauliflower pakoras, and Amarendra taught me the art of how to preach strongly, intelligently, and coolly to defeat opposing arguments.

Recently Gayatri almost died. But by Krishna's inconceivable mercy she made a miraculous recovery, and she is still with us. The three of us spent a good two or three hours blissfully remembering our times together and reflecting on what we have learned from those magic days when by the three of us working co-operatively together we transitioned from a group of three to a thriving Krishna conscious center of 30 devotees living and working together to push forward the Krishna consciousness movement for the salvation of the suffering souls of this world.

Amarendra and Gayatri on Harinam Sankirtan
Early 1970's--Gainesville, Florida
(in the center of photo)

Amarendra and Gayatri on Harinam Sankirtan

Amarendra Das Preachers to A Group of Students
University of Florida Campus--January 1974
(Sankarshan Das is Seated Behind Him and Listening)

Amarendra Das Preachers to A Group of Students

Super Ecstatic Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri
26 June 2015--ISKCON New Dwarka--Los Angeles, USA

Super Ecstatic Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: What Can I Do For You?

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva!

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I am Sivarooban here. I met you in Malaysia, in Shah Alam. I am already back to my work place in Sabah. With my utmost sincerity and humbleness, I would like to ask you if there is anything that I can do for you. Since I came back to Sabah, I have been continuously thinking about our meeting in Shah Alam. But sometimes my mind wanders here and there thinking about material things. At those times it is rather difficult to control my own mind. I hope you can advise me on this. Hope to meet you again, Srila Gurudeva. Hare Krishna!

Trying to be your servant,
Sivarooban

Answer: Be Krishna Conscious and Help Deliver the World

The best service you can do for me is to intensely focus your consciousness on Krishna at every moment offering all of your thoughts, words, and deeds in His service and to fully dedicate your life for assisting me in expanding the Krishna consciousness movement.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

  1. Great Post! Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. Please keep sharing.
    self growth teaching

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Who is this Krishna?