The Real Meaning of Life​​

l remember distinctly how in 1965-1966 when I was a freshman at Austin College in Sherman, Texas USA I wanted to know what is the meaning of life. I could not figure it out. Nor did any of my professors or textbooks tell me what is the purpose of my existence. One afternoon I wanderd the aisles of the campus bookstore perusing the book titles, searching for a book that would tell me the reason that I exist. The only thing I saw that made any sense was a book containing two essays by Søren Kierkegaard. The cover said, "Fear and Trembling" and "The Sickness Unto Death." I took them as one title telling me that my purpose of life was to suffer the disease of fear and trembling until death finally put me out of my misery. Talk about a bleak existence! I also heard that life has no meaning, but that you should invent some meaning to somehow pull yourself through the grind of your daily routine. How depressing can you get?

It was not until I discovered Krishna that I understood life's unlimitedly beautiful meaning. We exist for the sole purpose of having an intimate loving relationship with that unlimitedly sweet, powerful, all-knowing and merciful person named Krishna who is the source of all existence. In other words, the real meaning of life is an unlimitedly beautiful and sublime loving relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna.

Loving Krishna is Purpose of Our Existence


Video for the Day

Human Life is Meant for Self Realization

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Why is Life Important?

Why life is important even if we are fighting with mental health problems?

Riya Malhotra

Answer: Because It's Meant for Pleasing Krishna

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Riya,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Your life is of the topmost importance because you are meant by your loving service to give unlimited happiness to Krishna and experience unlimited happiness yourself. Mental health issues arise as soon as we forget Krishna. And as soon as we remember Krishna all mental health issues are automatically resolved.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?