The Absolute Necessity of Having a Guru​​

Having a guru is to important that even Krishna Himself accepted Sandipani Muni as His guru to teach us by example that we should also accept a guru. So when someone tells you that you don't need a guru for self-realization, you can tell them that therefore you will not accept their authority to guide you properly. Rejecting their guidance will be in perfect harmony with their philosophy.

Krishna and Balarama with Sandipani Muni

Krishna and Balarama with Sandipani Muni

Video for the Day

Guru is Required for Self Realization

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Verse Against Meat Eating?

My dear Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.


Hope this finds you in good health and spirits.

When I was trying to tell about the four regulative principles, one of my friends challenged me asking me to show any one verse from the scriptures which specifically says to avoid meat eating. All conclusions regarding this are only indirect surmises, he says, "Can you please let me know if there is any verse from any Hindu scripture which says meat eating should be avoided for spiritual progress?"

Again please forgive me for my stupidity.

Thanks

Ever the servant of your servants,
Amar

Answer: Only Vegetarian Foods Are Allowed

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Amar,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Krishna clearly describes in Bhagavad-gita, Chapter 9, Verse 26 what kinds of foods are acceptable to be offered to Him:

"If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.”

He does not mention that He will accept meat, fish, or eggs. He only mentions foods from the vegetarian category. Therefore meat eating is forbidden.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.
Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?