No Gaps for Maya

His Holiness Vishnujana Swami told us about one of the times he was with Srila Prabhupada in his quarters. Srila Prabhupada made a practical point that one should never waste a moment, that one should always remain engaged in Krishna's service never leaving any gaps for maya. Then he gave his own example mentioning the harmonium that was sitting there in his quarters, saying if there was nothing to do he could play his harmonium and sing devotional songs. In this by his example Srila Prabhupada is teaching us never to leave any gaps for maya, to always stay absorbed 24 hours a day in Krishna consciousness.

Srila Prabhupada Never Wasted a Single Moment

Srila Prabhupada Never Wasted a Single Moment

Video for the Day

We Want to Make the Whole World Happy

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Become Enlightened?

Greetings,

I want to understand steps of how to become enlightened. Is it possible for you to introduce me to a genuine guru who can initiate me to have enlightenment?

I no longer believe in any religious scripture. I am a Christian by birth, but I do not understand the Bible. Tell me if Jesus and Krishna were the same?

Please help me.

Regards
Thomas Mfune.

Answer: Surrender to Guru and Krishna

My Dear Thomas,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am that genuine guru. If you will take shelter and fully dedicate your life to following my instructions, you will attain the supreme perfection of pure love of God, and upon leaving your present body you will regain your original, eternal identity as a associate of the Supreme Lord in the spiritual world.

Krishna is God, the Father, and Jesus is the son of God. Although they are two separate persons they are both teaching the same: total surrender to the will of God.

The essence of the Bible is Christ praying to His father. “Father, not my will, but thy will be done.” This is also the teaching of the Bhagavad-gita. Krishna says to give up doing what you want and simply do what He wants.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?