Here's How I Chose My Career

The result of my excelling as a top level student in my college studies is that in 1968 I reached the conclusion that my career would be to deny everything and go to India to be a holy beggar for the rest of my life. But on the way to India I realized that if I deny everything I must also deny denial since denial is also something.This left me with having to accept something transcendental, i.e. spiritual revolution. So instead of continuing my eastward journey to India I reversed directions and headed west to San Francisco's Haight Ashbury district to be part of revolution of consciousness for bringing about a complete transformation of the entire human society. Even though the first people I met there were the devotees I did not realize that Krishna conscious was to be my new career because I will still polluted by the Mayavadi philosophy into thinking that I was God. So in 1969 and 1970 I tried to revolutionize the world on my own as a singer/songwriter. But after not finding success in this way in 1971 I realized that Jesus Christ was the perfect example of what I wanted to be, a person fully surrendered to the will of God. When I prayed to God how to achieve this Christlike state of consciousness He sent Vishnujana Swami to Austin to teach me how to fully surrender myself to Krishna under the guidance of ISKCON Founder-Acharya: His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who formally accepted me as his disciple on 12 August 1971.

So I ended up with a career that is infinitely better than being a beggar in India and has great potential for making the world a much better place.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

My First Career Choice

Beggar

But Finally I Switched to the Perfect Career

(In those days Brahmacaris also wore capes that now only Sannyasis wear.)

Sankarshan Das

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Does God Show Partiality?

Srila Gurudeva,

Why it is such that if we all are the children of same father, Krishna, then by birth some are crippled, and a few remain in pain throughout life? Some, in spite of doing hard work, still remain poor. Why such partiality to them?

Asit Baran Bose
Bhilai, Chhattisgarh,
India

Answer: God is Equal, But We Get Our Karma

From: Vrindavan

My Dear Asit,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

We are all being fairly punished or rewarded in strict accordance with the karmic reactions from our previous impious and impious activities in this lifetime and in previous lifetimes.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?