The Denial of Denial​ Itself

As a young spiritual seeker 50 years ago my conception of liberation or freedom from all the miseries of material existence was the complete, total negation of absolutely everything. In India this is known as the path of "neti neti--not this, not that." Thus I was on the path of the philosophical negation of utterly, unconditionally everything in all of existence. For this purpose my decision was to completely renounce this material world by going to India to spend the rest of my life as a mendicant, a holy beggar.

However as I was heading east towards India one evening I had the most astounding realization, which I immediately wrote down on a piece of paper: "I denied and denied until I could deny no longer, and then I had to start accepting." Having unequivocally dedicated myself to the absolute denial of everything, in the final analysis I reached the point of denying the last thing left to deny. In other words now I had to also deny denial itself.

When one renounces everything he ultimately must also renounce renunciation to become complete in his renunciation. So now instead of negating and leaving the world my new agenda was to remain in the world for bringing about a global spiritual revolution.

Thus instead of continuing eastward towards India I was inspired by the Lord within to travel west to San Francisco where the first people I met was a beautiful group of Hare Krishna devotees in their flowing robes and saris coming out of Golden Gate Park where they had just performed Harinam Sankirtana. I was awed to see them, just like they were coming out of a famous movie. They were heading back to their temple at 518 Frederick Street, and I went with them.

I should have joined immediately. But instead I most foolishly wasted two-and-a-half years trying to spark off a spiritual revolution on my own until it dawned on me that Krishna wanted me to become the fully surrendered disciple of Srila Prabhupada for assisting him in his global respiritualization mission, which will go down in history for saving the world in its darkest hour of despair, bringing about the greatest paradigm shift that the world has ever known.

So this what I have been doing now since 1971. I am now praying for Lord Krishna's, Lord Caitanya's, and Srila Prabhupada's mercy that very soon Krishna consciousness will be universally accept by all as the world religion.

Srila Prabhupada at Frederick Street

Srila Prabhupada at Frederick Street

Early Day ISKCON Super Blissful Harinam Party 

Early Day ISKCON Super Blissful Harinam Party

Video for the Day

Human Life is Meant for Self-Realization


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: When Doctors Joyfully Murder a Patient

Hare Krishna, Prabhu. Dandvat pranam. I am Smriti. I am chanting 16 rounds of Hare Krishna japa mala every day and following the four regulative principles. I work in a hospital as a nurse in a reputated hospital in Delhi. Once I found a patient very sick, and I informed the doctor about the same. Suddenly the same patient underwent cardiac arrest. The doctors and other staff came there and gave her CPR. She was revived, but every sign showed that she will die very soon within a couple of hours. The doctors went to take dinner. Again the patient got cardiac arrest and I called them. They ignored this. I again called them and they came after 10 minutes to the patient's bed. They called the patient's family and tried to show them that they are actually helping the patient, but inside the room the doctors were laughing at what they were doing. There are a few life saving drugs. But instead of using life saving drugs they loaded the syringe with normal glucose water labelling it as being one of the life saving drugs. They even disconnected the ventilator. The patient died. I was a part of the murder. But because I was the most junior person there I couldn't say a single word. I did not do anything wrong to the patient. I tried to save her life. I feel very bad about this. In the future I may again face situations like this. How to overcome such situation? Please help me

Your servant,
Smriti

Answer: Make a Revolution to Curb Down Demoniac Mentality

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA
My Dear Smriti.

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Just see. These people are actually demons. They had fun murdering the patient while posing as someone who was trying to help the patient. This is why we are trying to make a spiritual revolution on this planet to turn all of the demons into devotees. We are therefore requesting all intelligent, thoughtful, and compassionate people all over the world to join with us in this Krishna consciousness movement for the respiritualization of the world society. So you kindly dedicate your life for helping us to make a spiritual revolution on this planet. This is the only solution for curbing down the demoniac mentality, which is the predominant symptom of our present age of Kali.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?