Free From the Fear of Death​

Krishna consciousness is indeed most wonderful because it makes you deathless. It elevates you to the plane of immortality. In this regard, Srila Prabhupada writes as follows in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, First Canto, Chapter 16, Verse 8:

"Every human being dislikes meeting death, but he does not know how to get rid of death. The surest remedy for avoiding death is to accustom oneself to hearing the nectarean pastimes of the Lord as they are systematically narrated in the text of Srimad-Bhagavatam. It is advised herein, therefore, that any human being who desires freedom from death should take to this course of life as recommended by the rishis headed by Saunaka."

The easy way to accomplish this is to regularly read the pastimes of Lord Sri Krishna as so wonderfully described in Srila Prabhupada's book called "Krishna."

Gain Immortality By Reading the Krishna Book

Gain Immortality By Reading the Krishna Book

Video for the Day

How to Become Deathless

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Become Free from Fear of Death?

My pranams, Srila Gurudeva,

Bless me to attain the true goal. Give your blessings always to fulfill the purpose of my human birth. I have great fear of death. My mother and father have gone towards old age. I also fear how they suffer their conditions of old age because they are not realized persons. I have a great wish they will become self-realized. Even though I advise them in this regards, they live normal material lives with no knowledge of the self. For them my advice is useless.

So, Srila Gurudeva, how can I overcome my fear of death and bless my parents too? What can I do for my parents to lead them the path of self-realization even though they have "deaf ears" because of their ignorance?And how can I overcome the fear of death forever? Even though I know I have no death because I am spirit, I have great fear of death and illness. Bless me, Srila Gurudeva.

Usha Devi

Answer: Surrender to Krishna as His Eternal Servant

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Usha Devi,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

If you will take complete shelter of the Lord, fully surrendering yourself unto Him as His eternal servant, you will naturally become free from the death because you will have awakened your eternal spiritual identity as His servant.

And then from this liberated position you can enlighten your parents how to revive their eternal spiritual identities as Lord Sri Krishna’s eternal servants, thus freeing them also from the fear of death.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?