Terror Attack--50 Dead in USA

Upon arriving in England we received the sad news of the deadliest mass shooting in US history. 50 people we shot dead by a terrorist in a night club in Orlando, Florida. How do we make sense of such tragedies in the light of Vedic wisdom? To understand it is very simple. If one meets with untimely death, it is a reaction for his sinful activities. Therefore the only real solution for such ghastly catastrophes is to train the human population how to become perfectly sinless, free from all karmic reactions by surrendering to Krishna. Krishna promises in the Bhagavad-gita that those who fully surrender unto Him will be free from all the reactions of their previous sinful activities. As long as we engage in sinful activities, it is natural that reactions will come and torture us in various ways. But when we become sinless, these reactions will naturally go away.

No Terrorism in the Serene Spiritual World

No Terrorism in the Serene Spiritual World

Video For the Day: Plug Into Krishna

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Doubts Don't Let Me Trust Krishna

I would like to ask you some questions and try to formulate my thoughts about some things. Sometimes I am trying to ignore all my doubts but sometimes they just conquer my mind.

I noticed that my faith in Krishna is getting weaker and sometimes I am starting to think if He really exists. Sometimes I think I am feeling inspired, I am trying to do some service, to read more, to chant more attentively, or to ask Him to give me some signs that He exists. But after some time I become disappointed and every effort towards Krishna seems to be artificial. I start to think that Krishna is either so far away and He only cares about His pure devotees, or either He doesn’t exist and spiritual word is only an imagination. I see devotees who seem to be happy and concentrated during kirtans but when I look at them, I feel like I am licking honey from outside the jar.

These doubts don’t let me trust Krishna fully and serve Him with love because He seems so far away. How to learn to trust Him more and to understand that Krishna is the supreme personality and He is not only in pictures but also in my heart? If He really cares for me, why does He let me suffer without Him? Why doesn’t He reciprocate with me?

I have seen devotees who have started worshipping demigods instead of Krishna or neglected Him as a personality after some time. I heard that this Hare Krishna movement is so special that every person after so many incarnations in material world coming to this movement is considered the most fortunate soul. But I don’t understand why does Krishna let these devotees who started spiritual life after making some mistakes to go back to illusion?

Sometimes I notice in myself to have a tendency of an impersonal and atheistic consciousness. Before Krishna Consciousness I was more attracted to Buddhism and I still have some attachments in my mind to this philosophy.

How to become fixed in faith in Krishna Consciousness as the highest purpose of existence and what to do when my mind becomes conquered by these impersonalistic doubts and wants to quit Krishna Consciousness?

Your servant

Answer: Give Your Mind a Good Kick

Give your mind a good kick. Tell it to stop being such a rascal.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?