Manifesting Universal Love

In this material world many people talk about universal love, i.e. loving everyone. But when it comes to applying this principle they always fall short of the mark. For example, after talking about universal love they eat a hamburger demonstrating practically that they do not love the cows. There are so many examples to show that no one is able to actually manifest universal love. For the devotee of the Lord, however, manifesting universal love is very easy. Simply by loving Krishna he automatically loves everyone. In this connection Srila Prabhupada describes as follows in the preface to the Nectar of Devotion:

"If we learn how to love Krishna, then it is very easy to immediately and simultaneously love every living being. It is like pouring water on the root of a tree or supplying food to one's stomach."

So just focus your life on loving Krishna and you will have the sweetest most happy life beyond what can even be imagined.

Loving Krishna is the Perfection of Your Existence

Loving Krishna is the Perfection of Your Existence

Video For the Day: Krishna's Charming Pastimes

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Become Humble?

Hare Krishna Srila Gurudeva,
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I have a question regarding your Video for the Day dated 30 May 2016. In this video you tell us that if we can be in a humble state of consciousness, offering all respect to others without expecting any respect for ourselves, we can go deep into the nectar of the Holy Names. My difficulty is this: I have a huge, huge ego. This ego eats away at me like little parasites. Because of this ego I am thinking that I deserve to be treated well, and this causes me pain when people don't treat me how I want to be treated. Sometimes it even makes me feel depressed, sometimes vengeful. So how can I let go of this and become humble? How can I get to that state of consciousness where I don't expect any respect for myself? I don't want to keep suffering because I'm holding on to pins and needles. What I really want more than anything, is to be able to dive deep into love of God. I remember a few months ago I was chanting, and while I was chanting I started to feel this intense affection for Krishna. At that moment, all I was could think about was Krishna, and I was so happy absorbed in the thought of Him. This felt totally natural, unlike the lust which I am currently experiencing. So how to become humble to the point where I can have that experience all the time?

Your unworthy student,
Brian

Answer: Steadily Chant and Avoid Sinful Activities

Your question is simply wonderful. Thank you for asking such a sincere question. The secret of how to become humble is to carefully and steadily every day chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mahamantra on japa mala beads while strictly avoiding illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling. This will gradually clear away all of the dirt of your heart and bring you back to your natural constitutional position of pure love of God. It takes time to clear away millions of lifetimes of accumulated contamination. So you must be patient and remain solidly fixed in your chanting and avoiding the items above mentioned.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?