Sri Vyasa Puja--Srila Prabhupada's Appearance Day

Today is Vyasa Puja, the most auspicious appearance day of my beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in this world. He appeared on this day following Janmastami in 1896 in Calcutta, India, an act of unfathomable mercy upon the fallen, condition souls of this world. By the divine potency of his appearance in this world all of the fallen, conditioned souls here will be delivered from the endless cycle of birth, death, old age, and disease. It is my greatest good fortune that he accepted me as his disciple on 12 August 1971 via a letter that he mailed to me and two other boys from London to our ISKCON center in Austin, Texas. By fully taking shelter of him as my eternal spiritual master I have become liberated from this hellish material existence. Now I have no other duty than to faithfully serve him and push forward his mission for all of eternity.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Srila Prabhupada on a Morning Walk in VrindavanSrila Prabhupada on a Morning Walk in Vrindavan

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Should I Start Chanting Hare Krishna?

Hare Krishna, dear teacher,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

My mother worships Devi Mata. So from childhood I also used to do that. But now for almost 4 or 5 years in my house people keep giving me pictures of Krishna and the number of Krishna pictures is increasing. Also in my dreams I see Krishna. But still I never chant Hare Krishna. Recently I am getting some books about Krishna from ISKCON. What is the meaning of all this? Does this mean that I should start chanting Hare Krishna?

Aswathi R.

Answer: Absolutely!

You are most fortunate that Lord Sri Krishna is so mercifully manifesting Himself to you in so many ways. By all of these events Krishna is telling you that you should begin chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra and fully absorb yourself in devotional service to Him. You will discover all success and happiness in your life when you fully devote yourself to Lord Sri Krishna, who is the god of all the gods including Devi Mata.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?