Most Auspicious Initiation Ceremony in Austin

At ISKCON Austin on the most auspicious occasion of Krishna Janmastami I initiated two disciples into the Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya sampradaya, the Krishna bhakti disciplic succession coming from Lord Brahma. Anyone who follows this pathway of Krishna consciousness sincerely is guaranteed the highest perfection of being able to personally meet Krishna face to face and associate with Him eternally in His transcendental pastimes without getting sick, getting old, or dying ever again. So it is my sober responsibility and greatest pleasure to accept these sincere souls, Sarvakanti devi dasi and Vrindavanesvari devi dasi, as my disciples in order to help them achieve that supreme perfection.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Initiation Ceremony--17 August, 2014--ISKCON AustinInitiation Ceremony ISKCON Austin

Sarvakanti Devi Dasi Receives Her Chanting BeadsSarvakanti Devi Dasi Receives Her Chanting Beads

Vrindavanesvari Devi Dasi Receives Her Chanting BeadsVrindavanesvari Devi Dasi Receives Her Chanting Beads

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: How Can I Stop Eating Meat?

Hare Krishna, dear teacher,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
Al glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am very much thankful for your reply. I cannot express in words how I felt when I read your reply. My eyes filled with tears. I am starting to chant Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

Dear teacher, I need to inform you one thing. Me and my family are meat eaters. I want to get rid of it. I want to stop eating non vegetarian food. But I don't know how. Two or three times I have tried it. I stopped for many months. But I was not able to continue. I am not able to get rid of that taste which I used to have for 22 years . How I will control this? Please advice me.

I also want to learn the Bhagavad-gita and Srimada Bhagavatam, which will help me to know more about Krishna. I wish to learn it from a guru rather than reading from books. How I will fulfill my this wish?

A.R.

Answer: Take Krishna Prasadam

What kind taste is that you have to relish the blood and flesh of your mercilessly slaughered little brothers and sisters? How can your place this contaminated fruit of murder into your mouth? It is unthinkable. You are eating sin and becoming more and more entangled in the wheel of karma. For every animal you eat you will have take to a future birth in that species and be eaten by that very same animal that you ate. So how to give it up once and for all? The answer is very easy. Simply becoming a vegetarian is not enough. You must become a Krishnatarian, someone who eats only Krishna prasadam. As soon as you get a tastefor prasadam you will forget your former nonsense material tastes.

You want to learn the Gita from me. This is vey nice. The first lesson of the Gita is that you must eat not eat meat. You should only Krishna prasadam, vegetarian foodstuffs that have been offered to Krishna with love and devotion. As long as you eat meat you will not have sufficient intelligence to understand the Bhagavad-gita. But if you will chant Hare Krishna and eat only Krishna prasadam the knowledge of the Bhagavad-gita will be revealed to you in a very powerfully amazing way. So this you must now do.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?