He Can Deliver the Whole World

The topmost devotee is known as an uttama adhikari. He has firm faith in Krishna and is expert in logic, argument and the revealed scriptures. The potency of Krishna is acting so powerfully in him that he can deliver the entire world from illusion and bring everyone to Krishna consciousness. He is described in the following verse:

śāstra-yuktye sunipuṇa, dṛḍha-śraddhā yāṅra
'uttama-adhikārī' se tāraye saṁsāra

"One who is expert in the Vedic literature and has full faith in the Supreme Lord is an uttama-adhikārī, a first-class Vaiṣṇava, a topmost Vaisnava who can deliver the whole world and turn everyone to Krishna consciousness."
--Caitanya Caritamrita Madhya 22.65)

I was blessed with the greatest mercy of being accepted as a disciple of such an uttama-adhikari, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. And now on his order I have fully absorbed my life in pushing forward this Krishna consciousness movement all over the world for the deliverance of all living beings. Even though he has departed from this world, it is not that he is dead and gone. He lives forever in my heart and in the hearts of all those who follow his instructions.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Topmost Devotee of the Lord
His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Proof of Krishna's Supremacy?

Dear Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances unto you.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada and to you.

I am new to this science. I have never read other Vedic literatures besides the Bhagavad-gita as it is. Please show me that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead in Sanskrit and it's translations from the Vedas as much as possible. I live in a culture that accepts only Brahman as the form of God. I will use your answer as my guidance to starting my spiritual life in bhakti to Lord Krishna.

I thank you in advance and beg you to bless me so that I become fixed on this path.

Sincerely,

Wijaya

Answer: Unlimited Evidence

There is unlimited evidence, partially expressed in hundreds and thousands of Vedic verses, which proves that Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Here are a few of those verses.

In the Brahma-samhita 5.1 it is stated:

īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ
sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ
anādir ādir govindaḥ
sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam

"Krishna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes."

The Atharva Veda says:

brahmanyo devakī-putrah

"Krishna, the son of Devakī, is the Supreme Personality."

In the Bhagavad-gita 10:12-13 it is stated:

arjuna uvāca
paraṁ brahma paraṁ dhāma
pavitraṁ paramaṁ bhavān
puruṣaṁ śāśvataṁ divyam
ādi-devam ajaṁ vibhum
āhus tvām ṛṣayaḥ sarve
devarṣir nāradas tathā
asito devalo vyāsaḥ
svayaṁ caiva bravīṣi me

"Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the ultimate abode, the purest, the Absolute Truth. You are the eternal, transcendental, original person, the unborn, the greatest. All the great sages such as Narada, Asita, Devala and Vyasa confirm this truth about You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me."

I understand that in your circle of associates Brahman is considered to be the only form of God. But such a conception ignores the evidence of the Vedic wisdom. For example in the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna states that the Brahman emanates from Him.

brahmaṇo hi pratiṣṭhāham

" I am the basis of the impersonal Brahman."
Bg 14.27

This clearly indicates that Krishna is superior to the Brahman, that it is one of His subordinate energies.

You have my best wishes for achieving the topmost spiritual perfection of pure love of Godhead. Please accept me as your humble servant to assist you in any way to achieve the supreme goal.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?