Tolerate the Dualities

In this material world we are constantly being harassed by the dualities of heat and cold, happiness and distress, and honor and dishonor. Thus things can sometimes be extremely difficult. Sometimes it's so bad that we feel like we are basketballs being bounced around on basketball court. Therefore to have any kind of peace of mind we must train ourselves to be tolerant of these dualities. This is why Lord Sri Krishna so mercifully gives us the following instruction:

mātrā-sparśās tu kaunteya
śītoṣṇa-sukha-duḥkha-dāḥ
āgamāpāyino 'nityās
tāṁs titikṣasva bhārata

"O son of Kuntī, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed."

Today while writing this Krishna blessed me with a a great chance to practice this. The internet where I am staying is disfunctional. I tried to activate international data roaming on my mobile phone but could not do so. I called my phone company to get guidance on how to this. After a very long wait on an international long distance call I was disconnected. The end result is that today's Thought for the Day is being posted an hour late. This gives you, my readers, the opportunity to also practice tolerance. This is Krishna's mercy upon you.

In this Material World We are Bounced Like Basketballs

In this Material World We are Bounced Like Basketballs

Disciples Take Instructions from Srila Prabhupada

Disciples Take Instructions from Srila Prabhupada

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How Can I Become Krishna Conscious?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to you.

Please tell me how may I become Krishna conscious? I am not able to do it. Please excuse me for my offences, forgive my mistakes, overlook my disqualifications and tell me.

Begging your mercy,
Your eternal servant,
Vishvanath das

Answer: Obey Your Spiritual Master

From: Pretoria, South Africa

My Dear Visvanath,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

The secret of success in spiritual life is to accept the order of your spiritual master as your very life and soul. If you do not follow his instructions, you will never become Krishna conscious.

Hoping this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?