Discovering the Meaning of Life


As a college youth in 1965 I was tortured by not even having the slightest clue of understanding as to why I exist. How could I possibly choose a major and a career path without even knowing why I exist? It just did not make any sense. After six years, in 1971, I was finally blessed with the wisdom of knowing exactly why I exist and how I can perfect that existence. Now my mission, given by my spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, is to enlighten the entire world with this transcendental knowledge, which will solve all the world's problems, both individually and collectively. What could be more ecstatic than this?

From a Bewildered College Youth with a False Smile

Sankarshan Das Adhikari young bewildered

To a Super Estatic Devotee of Krishna

Sankarshan Das Adhikari happy

Just Give Your Love to Krishna!

Just Give Your Love to Krishna!

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: What is the Meaning of Life?

Please accept my humble obeisance.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Dear Gurudeva, I am very happy for this opportunity to be able to write you a private letter. Thank you.
At the moment I feel kind of stuck and it seems there is no way out from this endless cycle of old habits. Maybe I have no patience. I cannot control my senses. I do not understand the meaning of life! I am attracted to so much various material things and I have no desire to seek God. 
I am afraid that my life will go on this way. But even in this little lifetime of mine how much I have bravely said to myself "Oh, I got it! I am coming!" But, actually, nothing really changes. I am afraid that when the death comes, my heart will still be empty as it is. I am tired from all these futile efforts of mine, from all this artificiality. Please, kindly help me to understand, what is the meaning of life?
Thank you.
Yours humbly,
(Name withheld for confidentiality)

Answer: Give Pleasure to Krishna

My Dear Devotee,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

The meaning of life is to give pleasure to Krishna or God by your purely serving Him with love. To attain this keep begging Him to bless with pure devotional service and sincerely follow these principles:
http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com/kc_at_home.htm

Hoping this meets you in good health. 

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?