The True Meaning of Christmas

When I was a child growing up Christmas meant new toys. In the days before Christmas my mother would come to my room as I was getting ready to go to sleep for the night and she would instruct me to pray to God for what I wanted for Christmas. She wanted to teach me to believe in God that by my praying for something I would get it. In spite of all of her best intentions of teaching me to believe in God by understanding Him as my order supplier, this is not the proper way to have a relationship with God. We are supposed to see ourselves as His servant, not that we simply accept Him as our servant. Instead of taking God as our servant we need to present ourselves to God as His servant. This surrender to the will of God is the real meaning of Christmas. This understanding is not there in our modern materialistic society. However, in our Krishna consciousness movement, which understands Krishna consciousness and Christ consciousness to be the same, our mission is to teach everyone how to enter into the true spirit of Christmas by fully surrendering themselves unto the will of God, just like Jesus Christ taught us by his example when he prayed, "Father, not my will, but Thy will be done." This is the same thing that Krisna teaches us in the Bhagavd-gita when He tells us that we should fully surrender unto Him. So the true meaning of Christmas is that we should fully surrender ourselves to the will of God. This will make us simultaneously perfect Christians and perfect devotees of the father of Jesus, Lord Sri Krishna.

What is the Real Christmas?

Is this real Christmas

Real Christmas

Devotees Surrender Themselves to Krishna

Devotees Surrender Themselves to Krishna

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: What is My Duty?

Please what is my duty? Thank you for your emails and knowledge.

Heather Hooten

Answer: Full Surrender to Guru and Krishna

From: Melbourne, Australia

My Dear Heather,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Your duty is to fully surrender unto Lord Krishna according to the instructions of the bona fide spiritual master. This will make you spiritually perfect and qualify you to enter the spiritual world at the time of your passing out of your present material body.

Hoping this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?