Religion is One

The Bendigo Interfaith Council arranged a concert for me at a Christian church on 21 June 2018. Actually there is no question of "interfaith" because religion is one, to be a completely sold out lover of God. Just as there is only sun, although it is called by many different names in the different languages of the world, similarly there is only one Supreme Being, although He is called by many different names in the different cultures of the world. So it was indeed a very wonderful opportunity to be able to present to a mixed audience of Krishnites and Christians the concept of one religion. For me this was not at all difficult because it was the example of Lord Jesus Christ that inspired me to become a devotee of Krishna when I was young spiritual seeker back on 1971.

Bendigo, Australia Peace and Love Concert

Bendigo, Australia Peace and Love Concert

Video for the Day

Peace and Love Concert Highlights

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Initiation and Being a Healer?

Hare Krishna Guru Maharaja,
I hope you are well.

My name is Bhavita Keshav, 22yrs old from South Africa.

I have been meaning to send this to you but have been overloaded with exams which have since concluded.

I would like to apologise in advance for the lengthy e-mail.

You came to give a class about two weeks ago at the Pretoria temple for the Sunday Love Feast, and I was shocked to say the least. Three weeks before then I had a dream about a white bodied male who was being embraced so nicely by the Pretoria devotees. I recall your face so well and I remember how you weren't wearing saffron. I couldn't help but feel some sort of connection, I came near you but we never spoke. I woke up searching Google.com hoping to find who I had dreamt of. After much effort I eventually gave up. Then the day came when I realised during class that I had dreamt of you. You may be wondering why I think there's any significance behind all of this well, for some time now I've been meditating on and praying to Krishna to guide me in finding a spiritual master and after some time that dream happened. I may be reaching, which is okay, I suppose I just need some guidance.

My life cannot be summarised in one email unfortunately. But there is more I need to know.

I come from a family of traditional healers, sangomas. I have battled lately. I am in my final year of my degree in International Relations and I have had a lot of doubt surrounding going into this field. More than anything I feel a connection to healing, to go into that space. But I don't even know if I have this gift in the first place. I am just very confused and frustrated to say the least.

I hope my thoughts have not confused you. I am just looking for guidance. For answers.

Sincerely
Bhavita

Answer: Become the Best of All Healers

From: Melbourne, Australia

My Dear Bhavita,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

That dream means that I am your spiritual master. So now you should prepare yourself to take formal initiation from me.

Our mission is to heal the whole world, to relieve everyone from the cycle of repeated birth and death. Healing a sick body is not as important as the ultimate healing of training people how to get a body that never gets sick, gets old, or dies. So you are meant, on the order to Lord Caitanya, to be a healer of all the people of this world.

I hope this meets you in the best of health
and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?