If You Are Ever Totally Stressed Out

If you ever become totally stressed out, do not become devastated and hopeless. Simply remember that even though Arjuna was completely stressed out he totally recovered his equilibrium. We learn from the Bhagavad-gita that Arjuna became so stressed out that he had a total nervous breakdown. He was so overwhelmed with lamentation that he could not function any more in his occupation as a warrior. Just as Arjuna was brought back to perfect functionality simply by hearing the teachings of the Bhagavda-gita, we can also be fully restored psychologically simply by hearing the words of the Bhagavad-gita. So if you ever come to the point where you feel that you absolutely cannot cope with what you are going through, simply pick up the Bhagavad-gita and keep reading it until your mind becomes peaceful. You will be amazed by how dazzlingly wonderful and sublime is this Bhagavad-gita, the king of all knowledge. It will literally pick up the pieces of your splayed intelligence and put you back together again.

Lord Sri Krishna and the Gopis

Lord Sri Krishna and the Gopis

Video for the Day

Become a Disciple of the Bona Fide Spiritual Master

Answers According to Vedic Knowledge

Question: How to Always Be Krishna Conscious?

​​​​​​​Dear Guruji,

Pranam.

Firstly, I convey my gratitude to you for the opportunity given to me to be a part of this wonderful and divine journey of self realization. If you permit, I would like to share some of my experience with you.

I am Bibeka Nanda Sa, 36 years old, I was born in a very small village situated in eastern part of India. I grew up listening to the Maha Mantra “Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare” from my childhood days. We organised various Nama Sankirtana functions in our Mandir Pandal every year. In my childhood whenever ever I listened to or chanted the Maha Mantra I felt like I was in a different world of happiness, where there is no fear or pain, where there is only joy and happiness.

Then after my education, I joined a company and started my professional career as a software developer in the capital city of my state, Bhubaneswar. In my initial days, I enjoyed my job a lot and learned from whatever challenges I faced. When I became a senior consultant in my field responsibilities increased and work pressure increased. To get a temporary relief, I started drinking with my friends. But after a certain period I found that drinking was not the solution of my problem, rather it was adding more to my problems in terms of health related issues. Then suddenly one day I realised that I am so stressed that I am not able to focus in my work. I felt like I was trapped in the middle of an ocean. I just stopped everything and went to my village where my parents were living. On the same night (when I was not able to sleep) I heard the Maha Mantra from the Mandir Pandal where our local community were organizing Kartika Purnami, and Nama Sankirtana was being done by some nearby villagers. I went there and started chanting “Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare” along with them. Suddenly I realized that I have forgotten everything and was dancing like a kid in the tune of Maha Mantra with other disciples. I stayed there the whole night listening to the Maha Mantra and continued for next three days till Kartika Purnami. At the end I was not the same person who gone to the village with lot of stress, negativity and pain. I felt like I was liberated, I was freed. All my stress and problems were vanished in the very moment when I chanted the Maha Mantra. As I had to support my family, I came back and joined to my work with a lot of positivity and most importantly with a smile and continued my professional life.

After that, my life is continuing with ups and downs, but I am enjoying every moment. In this busy life I am not able to give enough time to nourish my spiritual self on regular basis. So please guide me how can I do the same along with my other responsibilities towards my family.

Yours sincerely,
Bibekananda Sa

Answer: Initiation and Serving the Bona Fide Spiritual Master

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Bibekananda,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am so pleased to read your wonderful story. Now if you will solidify your relationship with Lord Sri Krishna as His eternal servant, your mind will become perfectly steady and you will be solidify fixed in the bliss of Krishna consciousness from now on for the rest of your and indeed for all of eternity.

In the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna gives us the order that we must accept a spiritual master. And our most beloved Lord Sri Krishna confirms this in the Adi-Purana when He instructs that to become His devotee we must become the devotee of His devotee. Thus by taking initiation from and totally surrendering to the bona fide spiritual master we become so solidly fixed in Krishna consciousness that nothing can shake us for all of eternity.

The requirements for initiation are simply wonderful because they liberate us from the clutches of maya (illusion) and solidly situate us on the transcendental platform beyond the cycle of birth and death. The requirements are that we strictly avoid illicit sex (This means avoiding sex which not for the purpose of procreation.), meat eating, intoxication, and gambling, and that we chant at least sixteen rounds per day on the Hare Krishna mantra on japa mala beads.

If you can come to this standard, I can initiate you as my disciple and train you how to always be fully absorbed in Krishna consciousness in all times, places, and circumstances for all of eternity, even when you are working your job.

So think this over and let me know what you would like to do now so that you can always situated in the pure bliss of Krishna consciousness without ever experiencing any interruption.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?