You Owe It to Yourself

Don't cheat yourself out of eternal, ever-increasing happiness. You owe to yourself to revive your dormant loving relationship with that Supreme Person, who is the source of all existence. By doing so, you will enter into a liberated state of consciousness, completely free from all the miseries of material existence such as birth, death, old age, and disease.

Krishna Consciousness is Pure Bliss-Kaunas, Lithuania-8 May 2017

Krishna Consciousness is Pure Bliss-Kaunas, Lithuania

Video For the Day

Be All That You Can Be

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Marijuana is a Healing Herb?

Thank you for very kindly answering my doubts and helping me in my devotional service. I would like to ask another query that I had. I told you previously that one of my friends is pseudo-devotee who likes kirtan but indulges in all other kinds of activities. I recently found out that he smokes marijuana, and when I caught him doing so secretly in my house, I confronted him to not desecrate the sanctity of the house because I have a small altar to which I render service. When I confronted him, he started to give me excuses like Krishna supports the use of marijuana in the BG by quoting this verse (BG 9:16):

aham kratur aham yajnah
svadhaham aham ausadham
mantro 'ham aham evajyam
aham agnir aham hutam

"But it is I who am the ritual, I the sacrifice, the offering to the ancestors, the healing herb, the transcendental chant. I am the butter and the fire and the offering."

He said that the healing herb that Krishna is referring to is marijuana. He even was saying that it's a medicinal herb that can be used and that ancient people used it as a sacrament. I told him that he is addicted, but he got into an unnecessary verbal argument with me. What do I do in such a situation? Shall I argue back? If so, what do I say? If not, then shall I just ignore him? Please let me know!

Thank you so much,
Rounak

Answer: Marijuana Smoking Calls Death Very Near

Healing herb does not refer to marijuana. One who smokes marijuana is calling death very near. Srila Prabhupada says in his purport to BG 3.24:

"There are many pseudo devotees of Lord Siva who want to indulge in smoking ganja (marijuana) and similar intoxicating drugs, forgetting that by so imitating the acts of Lord Siva they are calling death very near.”

Tell him that he is wrong, and tell him what Prabhupada says.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?