Traveling to Spread Krishna Consciousness

19 December 2012--After eight days of lecturing on the sublime science of Krishna consciousness in Mauritius and four days of the same in South Africa, now we are on the road again, this time to Australia for a series of lectures in Sydney, Govinda Valley, and Melbourne. It is such a sweet, wonderful life to share the wonderful teachings and mercy of Srila Prabhupada with so many souls around the world who are very eager to get it. Tasting this bliss of traveling for spreading Krishna consciousness reminds me of the great sage Sri Narada Muni, who constantly travels in the spiritual world and the material world to teach the sublime process of Krishna bhakti. Narada Muni has full facility for traveling to spread the Lord's glories. He does not need airline tickets, a passport, or visas. He just appears wherever he wants to bestow mercy upon the souls who have forgotten the Lord.

Narada Muni, the Liberated Space Man

Narada Muni, the Liberated Space Man

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Is Good Karma Required to Get Bhakti?

I have a question that has been bothering me for some time now. I have often been told that my coming into contact with Krishna consciousness is due to my past good karma or sukriti. Am I to then conclude that there is nothing I can do through my personal effort to progress in Krishna consciousness if my sukriti is not there to support me? If I can do something using my personal endeavor, then where has that good intention come about to personally endeavor to progress in Krishna consciousness? Is the answer my sukriti, my past pious deeds?

The above dilemma leads to the question: Can someone who has no good karma at all ever come into Krishna consciousness?

your servant

Bhakta Jay

Answer: Only Greed is Required

Rupa Goswami clearly states that one cannot come to Krishna consciousness because of pious deeds, even if he has executed them for hundreds and thousands of years. One can only come to Krishna consciousness when he is greedy to attain it. Therefore if it is available somewhere he must purchase it without delay.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?