The Day I Realized My Life's Mission

Here is a sample of what is being written in my autobiography, an unpublished work in progress:

I am visiting my parents in Houston, Texas. It is a warm afternoon in December of 1968. I walk several blocks north from our house at 4070 McDermed Drive on the old route I used to take on my bike ten years ago, back in 1958 when I was a ten years old 6th grader at Shearn Elementary School located on the corner of Stella Link Road and Lemac Drive. Nearby is a large open field, which will soon become a part of the vast 38 mile freeway, Loop 610, that will encircle central Houston. As I gaze out at the open area of land I get the realization that this world is so messed up that there cannot be any other purpose of my life other than bringing about a spiritual revolution on this planet. No other type of life makes any sense to me. Somehow I must do this. How I will do this? I don't have even the foggiest of ideas. But somehow or other I must do this. This is my determination.

Cartoon From a Finnish Newspaper

Note: This cartoon predicts that the Hare Krishna Mantra will be added to Christian hymnbooks. The man is saying to the priest, who is seeing that the Hare Krishna
mantra is now added to the hymnbook, "Our committee has now updated the book
of hymns according to your will." By Lord Caitanya's inconceivable mercy this will
indeed actually happen all over the world in due course of time.

Cartoon From a Finnish Newspaper

Video For the Day

Spiritual Revolution-The Only Real Solution

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Is It Wrong to Enjoy Chanting and Reading?

Hare Krishna.
All Glories to you and Srimati Gurumataji.
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Please accept my humble obeisances.

I really like to hear kirtans and read Srimad Bhagavatam. I also know at the back of my mind that by reading the Srimad Bhagavatam I am feeling very light and nice mentally. But then I am confused. Am I reading Srimad Bhagavatam and listening to kirtans for my sense pleasure, or do I really want to know and learn about the Supreme Personality of Godhead?

Kindly guide me, Gurudeva.

Your servant,

Jay

Answer: The More You Enjoy Them, the More You Realize Krishna.

Srila Prabhupada ordered us, “Chant and be happy.” So if you are feeling happiness while chanting and reading, you simply are obeying Srila Prabhupada's order to chant and be happy. In this joyful mood of relishing kirtan and Srimad Bhagavatam you will naturally realize within your heart more and more about Krishna. And if you will keep chanting and reading in this mood of relishing the nectar, that most auspicious day will come when you will personally meet Lord Sri Krishna face-to-face, eye-to-eye. So keep up this blissful chanting and reading. It’s simply wonderful, and will get more and more wonderful, the more you relish it. The more You enjoy chanting and reading, the more you will realize Krishna

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?