Muslim Woman in Burqa Promotes Bhagavad-gita

Padma Locana Prabhu describes an amazing experience he had at the annual arts festival in Bali last year. Here's his account:

I was distributing books and a nicely dressed Muslim lady wearing a burqa approached me and asked whether I had the Bhagavad-gita.

I said, "Yes, I do. Would you like one?"

"I've heard that it is a sacred text and very famous."

While I showed it to her, a Balinese woman approached us and said, "Why are you offering our book to someone of another faith? You should not do this."

The Muslim lady responded, "This is not only for Hindus. It is knowledge, knowledge meant for everyone, and if you read this book you will understand this truth."

As she was saying this, other Balinese people stopped and listened to her.

She continued, "All of us should read this book, because it will help free us of the concepts of "us and them." We are all of the same father. God is not Muslim or Hindu or Christian. God is God, and we should read whatever book helps us to better understand God and ourselves. So although I'm born a Muslim, I want to read this book to learn more about God and myself."

As soon as she spoke like this, five people came forward to get a Bhagavad-gita from me, and they were all generous.

This is some of the ecstasy we find on book distribution.

====================

Our thanks to Padma Locana Prabhu for sharing this wonderful experience he had while distributing Srila Prabhupada's books. This will encourage everyone to distribute Srila Prabhupada's books.

Muslim Woman in Burqa Takes Bhagavad-gita

Muslim Woman in Burqa Takes Bhagavad-gita

Video For the Day

The Beauty of Vedic Wisdom

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Is It OK to Desire to See Krishna?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

These days when I chant on my japa beads I feel the holy name is dancing on my tongue. Due to this, I have a strong desire to see Lord Krishna closely. Is it OK to have this kind of feeling? Am I making any offences to think that I want to see Krishna closely? I feel that I just deserve the dust of the dust of the Lotus feet of the Lord.

Your servant

V.

Answer: Yes, If You Desire to Be Surrendered Unto Him

If one in is the mood of being fully surrendered to the Lord, the desire to see the Lord is a most wonderful desire. This is why Srila Prabhupada taught us to pray as follows:

jagannāthaḥ svāmī nayana-patha-gāmī bhavatu me

"O Lord of the universe, kindly be visible unto me."

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?