The Meaning of Life

As a college youth I was totally bewildered because I did not know what is the meaning of life. I was supposed to choose what would be my career, what I wanted to be in life, a doctor, a lawyer, an electrical engineer, or whatever. But how could I decide what I wanted to be if I didn't even know who I am? This was my perplexity. In my coursework I was studying all the great philosophers of our western culture, but not one of them could answer the most basic question of why do I exist. It was not until I was blessed by hearing the teachings of Krishna, that I exist for the purpose of giving pleasure to Krishna or God by having loving relationship with Him, that my life made sense and I could enter into a state of genuine happiness. I am eternally grateful and indebted to my spiritual master, ISKCON Founder:Acharya His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Tridandi Goswami Maharaja Prabhupada, and to His Holiness Vishnujana Swami, who brought to the point of becoming Srila Prabhupada's disciple, for liberating me from my ignorance and misery by bringing me into the most sublime realm of Krishna consciousness, the abode of eternity, perfect knowledge, and unlimited bliss.

Depressed College Student

Depressed College Student Needs Spiritual Awakening

Video for the Day

You've Got to Watch This!

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Highest Purpose of Life?

My dear Gurudeva,

At first take my heartily pranam.

I am in a very problematic situation right now. I cannot find the path of my life. I want to know what is the highest purpose of our life? I will very glad if you can quench my thirst for knowledge.

Subhasis Das

Answer: Revive Your Dormant Love of God

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Subhasis,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Your life has one purpose and one purpose only, to revive the dormant love of Krishna, which is currently sleeping with your heart. When you do so you will be qualified to return to your original home in the spiritual world where you will have an eternal existence, full of bliss, and full of knowledge.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?