The Appearance Day of Srimati Radharani

Today is the transcendental appearance day of Srimati Rādhārāṇī. Those who are serious about awakening pure love of God within their hearts need to understand perfectly what is the mood of Srimati Rādhārāṇī. Rādhārāṇī's mood is that if Krishna is pleased when she is suffering, she desires to always remain in a suffering condition and that will be her greatest happiness. We can learn about Rādhārāṇī's mood by studying Lord Caitanya's mood because Lord Caitanya is Krishna Himself in the mood of Srimati Rādhārāṇī. Lord prays as follows in His prayer Śikṣāṣṭaka [8]:

āśliṣya vā pāda-ratāṁ pinaṣṭu mām marma-hatāṁ karotu vā
yathā tathā vā vidadhātu lampaṭo mat-prāṇa-nāthas tu sa eva nāparaḥRādhārāṇī

“My dear Lord, You trample me down as You like, or You embrace me as You like, or You make me broken-hearted, not being present before me, because I want to see You. I don't mind.”

In this connection Srila Prabhupada explains as follows:

Just like a debauched husband treats his wife very neglectfully. So He’s using this very word: lampaṭo. Lampaṭo means debauched. So Caitanya Mahāprabhu offering this prayer, in the role of Rādhārāṇī. There were sometimes spoils between Krishna and Rādhā, as that is possible in love affair. So in the position of Rādhārāṇī He is requesting Krishna, “My dear Krishna, You can treat me in any way You like, either You love me or You trample me, You kick me, but I cannot forget You are my always unconditionally the Lord.” This is pure love, not that “Krishna, give me such and such things and I shall love You,” condition. No. No condition: “I love you.” That is love. So that is required.

In the above quote Srila Prabhupada is teaching us that Rādhārāṇī's mood is unconditional love. So let us try to follow in the footsteps of Srimati Rādhārāṇī by embracing her mood of unconditional love for Krishna.

No One Loves Krishna As Much as Srimati Radharani


No One Loves Krishna As Much as Srimati Radharani

Video for the Day

The Most Auspicious Celebration!

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Activate Kundalini Chakra?

Namaskaram,

How to activate the kundalini chakra? Can you guide me?

Regards,
Murali

Answer: Just Try to Awaken Pure Love of God

From: ISKCON Timisoara, Romania

My Dear Bala Murali,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Don’t waste your time. It is not possible in this age to activate kundalini, and even if it were, it is not desirable. The only thing desirable in all ages is to awaken pure love of God within the heart. This is what you should be endeavoring for, not for this kundalini.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari​​​​​​​

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?