1% will change the world.--5 August 2024 (C.E.538)

May You Be Blessed
with an Eternal Life Full of Bliss and
Full of Knowledge

Thought for the day

1% Will Change the World

The world population is 8 billion. On 2 May 1972 while in Tokyo Srila Prabhupada wrote in a letter to his disciple Karandhara das, "If only 1% become devotees, that will change the world." This means that we need to focus only on making 80 million people Krishna conscious. That will be sufficient for transforming world history.

But Is this doable? In this connection on 27 March 1972 while in Sydney, Australia Srila Prabhupada wrote to his disciple Jagadish, "If we simply repeat this philosophy exactly as it is, without any misrepresentation or adulteration, then this movement will never be checked, and we will conquer the world."

So the real formula for conquering the world is purity, determination, and patience. If Jeff Bezos could launch the worldwide marketing giant Amazon in the garage of a rented home just think what we can accomplish for making the whole world Krishna conscious if we are totally sold out to doing so.

What is your opinion? Am I right or wrong?

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Whole World is Waiting

Waiting

Urgent! Please Help Us Make the World Krishna Conscious.

Donate Now By Clicking Here

Questions and Answers

Hare Kṛṣṇa Srila Gurudev,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to you and Gurumata
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Gurudev, the more I chant and engage my mind in devotional activities recently I have started to experience very sad thoughts. Whenever I look around me I see only sorrow and no happiness. When I look at people especially beggars I feel very sad my heart aches for their pain. When I look at my parents and their struggle to make ends meet I become very depressed. And when I look at animals and their struggle I am grief stricken. Gurudev while chanting sometimes I cry, but I know it's because of the pain that I am feeling seeing all of this. Why is this happening Gurudev? please shower your mercy and help me in this situation. Why I am feeling so much sorrow?

Adetti

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Adetti,
Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

The Vaisnava is para-dukha-dukhī. He is unhappy to see the sufferings of others.

Feeling sorrow at the seeing the suffering of others means advancing in Krishna consciousness. Their suffering is due to their lack of Krishna consciousness. Such crying of the heart makes one dear to Krishna.

Therefore the desire of the devotee is to deliver all the suffering souls of this material world back to home, back to Godhead in order to free them from their suffering.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

For ecstatic lectures click here.

love

Have You Gotten My Memoir Yet?

In it I tell the amazing story of how I came to Krishna consciousness.

You can order a copy right now by clicking on the photo to the left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Misguided Fools Say that Masturbation is Healthy