Devotees Very Much Appreciate Being Chastised

In this material world no one likes to be chastised. In fact it is just the opposite. They very much hate being chastised. But in spiritual life, Krishna consciousness, there is a different mood, a humble mood. Devotees actually very much appreciate being chastised. Srila Prabhupada has wonderfully enlightened us in this regard in an evening conversation he had on 25 January 1977 in Puri, India as follows:

"A student who is more chastised is advanced. Guru more mūrkha dekhi' karila śāsana Caitanya Mahāprabhu said, 'My spiritual master saw Me a grand fool. Therefore he has chastised Me.' That is the position. The more we remain a grand fool, the more we may advance in spiritual consciousness."

So instead of becoming angry when we are corrected by our spiritual master or by the devotees we should take it as a great blessing just as Lord Caitanya did when He was chastised by His spiritual master, Īśvara Purī.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Lord Caitanya Meets Isvara Puri

Lord Caitanya Meets Isvara Puri

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Deal With Insults?

My Dear Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Whenever I get insulted I feel very down and demotivated. To avoid overthinking I prefer to sleep so I can forget and move on. I am not strong to overcome the problem. How to become strong, Gurudeva? I don't share my problem with my family or friends as they are not devotees.Please help me.

Your servant,
S. Bhakti

Answer: Be Tolerant More than a Tree

My Dear S. Bhakti,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Whenever you are insulted you should recite this verse:

tṛṇād api sunīcena
taror api sahiṣṇunā
amāninā mānadena
kīrtanīyaḥ sadā hariḥ

"One can chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking himself lower than the straw in the street. One should be more tolerant than the tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige and ready to offer all respects to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly." (Śikṣāṣṭaka 3)

Don't sleep.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.
 
Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is a bona fide spiritual master with tens of thousands of students and disciples all other the world. Blessed by his spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, with the formula for solving all of the world's problems both individually and collectively, he is thus endeavoring to attract the whole world to pay serious heed to these teachings, which if followed will usher in a most glorious new enlightened era in global history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?