The Most Amazing Unlimitedly Merciful Lord Sri Krishna

The Most Amazing Unlimitedly Merciful Lord Krishna
Krishna is so amazing that even a thief who came to rob Him of His jewels ended up becoming His pure devotee. Here is the true story as told by Srila Prabhupada:

There is a story in this connection. It is very instructive, so try to hear. One professional reciter was publicly reciting the Srimad-Bhagavatam, and he was describing that Krishna is very highly decorated with all kinds of jewels when He goes to tend the cows in the forest. So, there was a thief in that meeting, and he thought, "Why not go to Vrindavana and plunder this boy? He's in the forest with so many valuable jewels. I can go there and catch the child and take all the jewels." This was his intention. So he was serious. "I must find that boy," he thought. "Then in one night I shall become a millionaire."

The thief's qualification was his feeling: "I must see Krishna! I must see Krishna!" That anxiety, that eagerness, made it possible for him to actually see Krishna in Vrindavana. He saw Krishna in just the same way as the Bhagavatam reader had described. Then the thief said, "Oh, You are such a nice boy, Krishna." He began to flatter Him; he thought that by flattering Him he would easily take all the jewels. Then he proposed his real business: "May I take some of these ornaments? You are so rich."
"No, no, no," said Krishna. "My mother will be angry! I cannot give them away." Krishna was playing just like a child.

So the thief became more and more eager for Krishna to give Him the jewels, but by Krishna's association he was becoming purified. Then at last Krishna said, "All right, you can take them." Then the thief became a devotee immediately, because by Krishna's association he had been completely purified. So somehow or other you should come in contact with Krishna. Then you'll be purified.

------end of story------

So, my dear readers, just try to understand how merciful Lord Sri Krishna is to those persons who come to Him begging Him for the ultimate blessing of pure devotional service. So let us all do that!

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Can I Read Bhagavatam 10th Canto?

Hare Krishna, Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I have completed 1st to 9th canto of Srimad Bhagvatam in one and half year with the association of Srila Prabhupada in purports. I could devote more time during lock down and also taken leave from office for the greed of reading Bhagavaatam. Right now I have been started 10th canto. My doubt is: Am I eligible to continue reading of 10th canto in above said pattern or restart my reading from 1st canto again for better understanding? I have this doubt because I feel I am not qualified to read 10th canto of the Srimad Bhagavatam without personal association of advanced devotee.

Yours unworthy servant,

Rajarama das

Answer: Yes

My Dear Rajarama,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Yes, you may proceed to the 10th Canto.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

10th Canto Is Krishna's Smiling Face

10th Canto Is Krishna's Smiling Face
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is one of the spiritual masters of the worldwide Hare Krishna Movement. He has dedicated the last 50 years of his life for bringing a spiritual revolution to planet earth by spreading the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna all over the world. He is based in Austin, Texas and when there is no pandemic regularly travels all over the world teaching his audiences how to attain Krishna consciousness, the highest stage of spiritual awakening. He is available for media interviews and to speak to groups and organizations either in person or via the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?