Interview on Fifth Dimension Podcast

Interview on Fifth Dimension Podcast

Achieving Spiritual Perfection

Here's the email I just got from Evan McDermod:

"Good morning!

I hope this message finds you well! Just letting you know that the podcast is now up and available on all platforms. It was such a pleasure to be able to chat, the work you are doing to assist the world in healing is what is desperately needed.

Be well,
Evan"

It's a lengthy interview for almost an hour. But you may find it to be very encouraging for your spiritual life.

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Concocting My Own Prayers?

 Hare Krishna,
 Dear Gurudeva,

I wrote this short prayer to Krishna. But I wish to know if I can do so or if I shouldn't concoct my own prayers like this.

"render render render my problems insignificant
bewilder bewilder my enemies' intelligence"

Meaning is "Oh dear Krishna, may I realize all my problems are due to bodily conception of life and thus realize that they are insignificant problems. And dear Krishna my only enemies are those who try to give me bodily conception of life and those who do not listen to me when I give them spiritual conception of life, hence let such enemies be bewildered with thier own bodily conceptions."

Your Servant,
V. C.

Answer: Repeat the Prayers of the Acharyas

My Dear V.C,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada. 

Because we are not yet perfect it is better for us neophyte devotees to simply repeat the prayers of the great acharyas.

For example Srila Prabhupada has taught us to pray as follows in his purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, Fifth Canto, Chapter 18, Text 9:

"Therefore we should pray to Lord Nṛsiṁhadeva to sit in our hearts. We should pray, bahir nṛsiṁho hṛdaye nṛsiṁhaḥ: 'Let Lord Nṛsiṁhadeva sit in the core of my heart, killing all my bad propensities. Let my mind become clean so that I may peacefully worship the Lord and bring peace to the entire world.'"

Note that in this prayer the devotee is praying that everyone will become peaceful and happy, not that somebody will become bewildered. Everyone in this material world is already bewildered. Our prayer of compassion is that they all can become free from bewilderment.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Prahlada Prays to Lord Nrsimhadeva

Prahlada Prays to Lord Nrsimhadeva
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Sankarshan Das Adhikari is one of the spiritual masters of the worldwide Hare Krishna Movement. He has dedicated the last 50 years of his life for bringing a spiritual revolution to planet earth by spreading the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna all over the world. He is based in Austin, Texas and when there is no pandemic regularly travels all over the world teaching his audiences how to attain Krishna consciousness, the highest stage of spiritual awakening. He is available for media interviews and to speak to groups and organizations either in person or via the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?