Should You Hide Your Guru?​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Sometimes in ISKCON we hear the idea that you are supposed to hide your guru. But this is not what Srila Prabhupada taught us by his example. If we study the writings, conversations, and lectures of Srila Prabhupada, we will see that he many times publicly mentioned his spiritual master by name. He did not keep his guru a secret. He taught us that the spiritual master's fame is spread all over the three worlds, and he publicly broadcast the glories of his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati, many times. For example, here is his famous prayer to his spiritual master, which was written in 1936:

ONE

Adore adore ye all,
The happy day.
Blessed than Heaven,
Sweeter than May.
When He appeared at Puri,
The holy place,
My Lord and Master
His Divine Grace.

TWO

Oh! my Master
The evangelic angel.
Give us thy light,
Light up thy candle.
Struggle for existence
A Human race,
The only hope
His Divine Grace.

THREE

Misled we are
All going astray,
Save us Lord
Our fervent pray,
Wonder thy ways
To turn our face
Adore thy feet
Your Divine Grace.

FOUR

Forgotten Krishna
We fallen souls.
Paying most heavy
The illusion's toll.
Darkness around
All untrace, The only hope
His Divine Grace.

FIVE

Message of service
Thou has brought.
A healthful life
As Chaitanya wrought.
Unknown to all
It's full of brace.
That's your gift
Your Divine Grace.

SIX

Absolute is sentient
Thou hast proved.
Impersonal calamity
Thou hast moved.
This gives us a life
Anew and fresh.
Worship thy feet
Your Divine Grace.

SEVEN

Had you not come
Who had told,
The message of Krishna
Forceful and bold?
That's your right
You have the mace.
Save me a fallen
Your Divine Grace.

EIGHT

The line of service
As drawn by you,
Is pleasing and healthy
Like morning dew.
The oldest of all
But in new dress
Miracle done
Your Divine Grace.

(His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada delivered this poem at a public gathering in 1936 as a Vyasa Puja homage for his spiritual master, His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati.)

Teaching the Science of Bhakti in Kaunas, Lithuania

Teaching the Science of Bhakti in Kaunas, Lithuania

Video for the Day

On the Way to Lithuania--Video for the Day


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom


Appreciation: Unlimited Thanks to You for Being Bhurida (The Most Munificent)

Dear Sankarshan Das Adhikari Prabhu,
Please accept my humble obeisances at your lotus feet. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga.

I am extremely sorry for the delay in sending out this mail to you. I am now at Bangladesh and heard about your Pune visit from devotees there. I lamented the loss of missing your association due to my travels to Kolkata and Bangladesh for my outreach services planned a year ago. Nevertheless I received a summary notes points from Pune devotees, which gave me a glimpse into your lectures and your great transcendental enthusiasm. I am very thankful to you for blessing us, Pune devotees, with your yearly twice visits to Pune and showering such Krishna conscious nectar, which leaves deep spiritual impression in all of us!

I love your pure sound vibration for the following reasons :

* You smash sexlife to dust, although in our society in modern times some so called devotees are hovering on a mental plane and not speaking the Truth in a straight-forward manner as Srila Prabhupada did; thus I consider
you a genuine follower of Srila Prabhupada in that respect. When you speak like that, even upcoming devotees understand what is to be aspired for.

* Your enthusiasm to surrender to Krishna and vigorously preach gives all of us great hope and strength in our Krishna consciousness, to aspire for the right thing in life. Such examples like you from the generation of Srila Prabhupada's disciples is a great blessing for the next generation, since our faith in your generation is rightly directed, causing us to use all our senses and mind in Lord's service without distraction.

* You never beat around the bush, but you speak honestly as Srila Prabhupada spoke. That is something that makes truth shine like a amalaki fruit in one's hand or like the shining sun in the sky dissipating all darkness! Because of this, your lectures pour out like Ganga's gushing flow without any impediments, causing everyone to delight in the nectar.

I could go on saying many more points to exactly express my heart, but even volumes of pages would only convey a tiny fraction of your glories.

After July 2018, I am cutting down my outstation travels to be more in Pune so that I'll not miss such golden association as yours in future. I'll note your dates of future visits to Pune and not miss them, as I had to do because of previous commitments to Bhaktivedanta Vidyapeetham in Kanpur, Kolkata and other places.

All of us in Pune are eternally indebted to you for your kindness upon us and I beg you to keep showering this grace without fail every year. Thank you so much.

With my sincere prayers at your lotus feet to bless me with sublime qualities of humility, tolerance, respect for all and freedom from false prestige as well as the taste for chanting the Holy Names of Lord offenselessly, I remain. Hare Krishna.

Your servant.
Radheshyam das
President, ISKCON-NVCC, Pune

Reply: Your Kind Appreciation Encourages Me Greatly

My Dear Radheshyam Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances_/\ò_.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thank you very much for your wonderfully kind words of appreciation of my humble attempt to push forward this Krishna consciousness movement for the deliverance of the suffering souls of this material world. Your appreciation encourages me greatly to continue pushing forward this most glorious movement until my last dying breath. Although I am personally lacking and deficient in so many ways, I am simply trying to obey Srila Prabhupada’s order to make a spiritual revolution on this planet by awakening the dormant Krishna consciousness within the hearts of all.

Hoping this meets you in good health,

Always your humble servant,
Sankarshan Das

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?