Krishna Consciousness For Ten Thousand Years

In a room conversation in London on 22 July 1973 with Dr. Arnold Toynbee, the famous historian, Srila Prabhupada said, "For ten thousand years the Krishna consciousness movement will increase." This ten thousand year period began 532 years ago in 1486 when Lord Caitanya appeared in this world. This was reconfirmed on a morning walk in Los Angeles on 5 June 1976 when Srila Prabhupada stated, "This movement will go for ten thousand years without any impediment." And it is also reconfirmed in Srila Prabhupada's purport to the Sri Caitanya Caritamrita Antya Lila, Chapter 3, Text 50: "The Krishna consciousness movement will be prominent within the next ten thousand years." Another confirmation can be found in Srila Prabhupada's purport to Srimad Bhagavatam, 8th Canto, Chapter 5, Text 23 as follows: "When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared, He ushered in the era for the sankirtana movement. It is also said that for ten thousand years this era will continue. This means that simply by accepting the sankirtana movement and chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, the fallen souls of this Kali-yuga will be delivered."

So let us take advantage of the Caitanya Age by fully absorbing ourselves in Krishna consciousness and sharing it with everyone that we meet. This will make our lives glorious as well as fulfilling the prediction of how the entire world will become inundated with Krishna consciousness,

Teaching the Perfection of Love
Utena, Lithuania--21 April 2018

Click Here to Hear Lecture---The Perfection of Love

Teaching the Perfection of Love  Utena, Lithuania--21 April 2018

Video for the Day

The Greatest Adventure


Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Offering: I Hope to Become Your Initiated Disciple

Hare Krishna, dear Srila Gurudeva!

Please accept my humble obeisances. And also my obeisances to your beloved Srimati Vishnupriya devi dasi!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I am from Ukraine. I am 48 years old. I am married and have two grown-up sons.

For more than a year I receive mails with Your answers from educational course. You are so kind and patient towards all of us. Your mails are like nectar. Same feelings I have always had while reading Srila Prabhupada’s books with his purports.

Once I had the courage to ask You a question about woman’s dharma. And in the letter-answer I felt the ocean of mercy and love from You. Thank You very much.

Later I have found videos with Your lectures with Russian translation. Usually they are from Kaliningrad or Baltic states. I love to hear You very much. In one lecture I have heard, that once, in a letter from Srila Prabhupada, You felt the ocean of love and since then You are trying to give this feeling also to Your disciples. Thank You!

But I hasten to inform You about my joy! Today Your mercy had showered upon me with a huge flow, and I finally managed to chant today all 16 rounds of japa. Moreover - with pleasure, without haste and with a calm mind! Jaya Gurudev! Till this moment I was never able to chant more than 4 rounds. If You would know how I prayed before this to You and Srila Prabhupada!

This is my offering to You, dear master!

Now I have a real hope to become Your initiated disciple.

I have accepted You in my heart as my Guru for about a year ago. But I wasn’t able to serve worthily. And today – miracle happened by Your mercy and Srila Prabhupada’s mercy.

I hope to become worthy of You!

On New Year I bought Your book “Truth works”. I am deeply admiring how You are answering the questions. In this answers I see the happy smile of Srila Prabhupada, who is watching.

Your servant, and I hope, future disciple – Svetlana Belokopytova

Answer: I Am Most Pleased

From: Lithuania

My Dear Svetlana,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am most pleased to be informed of your determination to become my initiated disciple. For millions of lifetimes you have rotated aimlessly suffering like anything in the cycle of repeated birth, death, old age, and disease. That you have now discovered the method for reviving your original spiritual identity and going back home, back to Godhead and that you are serious to attain this perfection is indeed the most wonderful thing. I will most pleased to accept you as my initiated disciple once I have received a recommendation for your initiation from your local ISKCON leader.

Kindly send me your photograph for our records.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari​

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?