Will You Come to Jesus Today?

I just received a three page hand written letter from a sincere soul named Anthony Jackson from Oklahoma asking me if I will repent of my sins and come to Jesus today. Of course, I appreciate any theistic person nowadays in this ever-increasingly atheistic world, even if their theism is tainted by the modes of material nature. Andrew lectures to me that God has given us the cow and all beasts as our food even though it is stated in the Bible: "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

I am pleased to note that this gentleman has read the Bhagavad. In his letter he quotes Bhagavad-gita 18.66 even writing out the verse in Roman transliteration form giving all of the proper diacritic marks.

Anthony does not realize that religion is one. I was raised as Christian, and it was due to my study of the Bible and wanting to be a perfect follower of Jesus that I joined the Krishna consciousness movement. Forty-five years ago I sincerely prayed to God that I could become a perfect follower of the path taught by Jesus Christ, and God brought me to the Krishna consciousness movement as a disciple of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.

I wish Anthony well in his desire to push forward to mission of Jesus Christ. He does not need to try to convert me because I was already converted 45 years ago to the path of pure bhakti as taught by Lord Jesus Christ and all the great saints of history.

Jesus is a Pure Devotee of Krishna

Jesus is a Pure Devotee of Krishna

Video For the Day: What is Real Religion?

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Questions Excerpted from Anthony Jackson's Letter

Do you not know that God gave us the cow and all beasts for food?

Will you come to Jesus today? Will you repent of your sin.

Anthony Jackson

Answer: By Full Surrender to Following His Instructions

Dear Anthony,

Please accept my greetings.
All glories to God.

I have received your undated letter and have noted the contents carefully. I am very pleased to hear from a such sincere soul as yourself who is trying to spread love of God in today's ever-increasingly atheistic world. I pray that you will be successful in your mission.

There are however a couple of minor points I would like to bring to your attention for your sincere and thoughtful consideration. You are criticizing me for my vegetarian diet even though God has allotted for us a vegetarian diet in Genesis 1:29. Jesus is famous as protector of the innocent animals. I cannot imagine Jesus chomping down on a Big Mac with a big grin on his face at MacDonald's with cow's blood running down his cheek. This is clearly not his mood as shown in the following beautiful painting:



You have also asked me if I will come to Jesus today, but kindly note that I fully surrendered to Jesus 45 years ago.

In any case, I wish you well with your mission. Let us work together as a tightly unified team, all God conscious people on this planet, to convince people that atheism is nothing but pure blind faith dogma. The atheists foolishly think that everything came out of nothing, even though there is not one shred of scientific evidence to prove than anything has come out nothing. To the contrary, we theists know that there is a source for existence, that everything has indeed come from something. The principle that things come from things, not from nothing, is substantiated by a tremendously large volume of scientific data.

Praise Jesus and thank you.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

P.S. I have also enclosed another painting of Jesus, which I find very inspirational.

(Note: I also sent him a copy of the other picture of Jesus shown in today's Thought for the Day.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?