Secret of Achieving Unlimited Happiness

The secret of achieving unlimited happiness is to do everything for Krishna and nothing for your sense gratification. This is called pure devotion. Although it may seem scary at first because we are so much addicted to sense gratification, it is actually our natural, normal, healthy state of consciousness. Therefore intelligently casting aside all hesitations we should dive wholeheartedly into pure devotional service. In this way we will experience the ultimate happiness at every minute in a perfect state of fearlessness.

Krishna Wants You to Come Home to His Abode

Krishna Wants You to Come Home to His Abode

Video For the Day: Your Only Duty

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: Whom Am I?

I have a few questions in my mind. Could you please help me finding these answers somewhere? Or could you answer them for me with some reference from the Vedanta or any other religious scripture?

1. When I see myself I am unable to see any faults. So why I am unable to enlighten myself? Or if I still have any faults in myself, how can I recognize them and correct them?

2.) What is the Universal Truth?

3.) Who am I? I have read, "We are that." However I am still struggling to know who I am. Please help me finding these answers, I will be very thankful to you.

Pritpal Singh

Answer: The Eternal Servant of Krishna

One has to see oneself in the light of Vedic wisdom as taught by the bona fide spiritual master, not according to one’s own imperfect senses. Because we are in darkness it is not possible for us to enlighten ourselves. Only by submissively hearing from and serving the bona fide spiritual master can we become enlightened. This is why Lord Sri Krishna states as follows in the Bhagavad-gita (4.34):

tad viddhi praṇipātena
paripraśnena sevayā
upadekṣyanti te jñānaṁ
jñāninas tattva-darśinaḥ

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.”

The Universal Truth or the Absolute Truth is revealed in the Srimad-Bhagavatam: janmādy asya yato 'nvayād itarataś ca -- "The Absolute Truth is that from which everything is emanating, the ultimate source of all existence." And in the Bhagavad-gita that Universal or Absolute Truth is revealed as Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

The phrase, "We are that," doesn't really tell us anything besides that we exist because it does not tell us what is the actual nature of the self. No wonder you are struggling to know who you are. The answer to this question is precisely answered in the Sri Caitanya Caritamrita: jīvera 'svarūpa' haya-kṛṣṇera 'nitya-dāsa--"The constitutional position of the living being is that he is the eternal servant of Krishna." So the conclusion is that you are the eternal spiritual being, servant of Krishna or God, who is presently residing within the material body like a driver seated within a car. So now if you will lovingly take up the devotional service of the Lord under the guidance of the bona fide spiritual master, everything will gradually revealed to you, and you will become one of the happiest people in the universe.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?