Control Your Tongue

If we want to become Krishna conscious and go back to home, back to Godhead, we must master the art of controlling our tongues because an uncontrolled tongue is the gateway to hell and a controlled tongue is the gateway to the spiritual world. Controlled tongue means to only vibrate the glories of the Lore and to not speak any nonsense. It also means to take only Krishna prasadam, foodstuffs offered first to Lord Sri Krishna with love and devotion before we eat them. It means as well to not overindulge in Krishna prasadam. We should take only as much prasadam as is required to maintain good health. It's not that we should eat ourselves sick in the name of prasadam. Uncontrolled tongue means to eat anything and everything without any consideration of right and wrong simply to gratify one's lusty tongue.

An Uncontrolled Tongue is the Gateway to Hell

An Uncontrolled Tongue is the Gateway to Hell

A Controlled Tongue is the Gateway to the Spiritual World

A Controlled Tongue is the Gateway to the Spiritual World

Video For the Day: Back to Your Original Position

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Stop Being a Fool?

Dear Srila Gurudeva,

It is very hard for me, someone who has a philosophical understanding of the principles of Krishna Consciousness, to accept that I am nothing but a fool. In reality, I have only accepted Krishna in my mind and not my heart. But I still feel like I know so much. So now I am asking Your Divine Grace to humble me, to remind me that I'm nothing but a fool.

your unworthy student,
Brian

Answer: Stop Punishing Yourself

To the extent that you have understood and applied the principles of Krishna consciousness in your life, you are certainly not a fool. And to the extent that you have not yet fully surrendered to Krishna you most certainly are a fool. So now you should stop punishing yourself. Give up all of your foolishness. It is simply holding you back in the realm of misery.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?