What Religion Do You Belong To?

Yesterday (Saturday 16 January 2016) when I was checking out from the hotel after attending the North American ISKCON Leaders meeting in Houston, Texas USA a gentleman in the hotel lobby saw me in my devotional garb and asked me what religion I belong to. I told him that actually there is only one religion, to become a pure lover of God, that whether you address God as Allah, Jehovah, Christ, or Krishna there is actually one God and one religion, to give yourself fully to God. He very much appreciated this. Only at this point after I established the one universal religion did I mention that I am a Hare Krishna follower. I asked him if he was a Christian and he said that he is. Then I enthusiastically said "Amen", which is a Christian way of affirming or approving something which another Christian has just said, just we say "Jaya." He really liked this. Then I told him that just as I have said, "Amen," I am asking you to say, "Hare Krishna," which he joyfully did. He then commented that this is how we can have peace in the world, and he was right.

So the next time someone asks you what religion you belong to use this an opportunity to enlighten them about the one religion that we all belong to, to become pure lovers of God.

Srila Prabhupada Discusses Chanting with Father Emmanuel
Frankfurt, Germany--1974

Srila Prabhupada Discusses Chanting with Father Emmanuel Frankfurt

Artist's Concept of Our Completed Project in Austin, Texas USA

$49,549.13 collected with $2,450,450.87 still to go. (2% of our goal with 98% to go.)
Contributions gratefully accepted at:
http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com/donate

Artist's Concept of ISKCON Austin Project

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to React to Immoral Things?

Dear Guru,

I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. Problem is, me and my sister's dad have different points of view. For example, he says meat is necessary sustenance, and I don't know how to react. So I guess my question is: How should I react when people tell me things I know to be immoral? I do not want to offend, but I feel it is my duty to do something.

Your insignificant student,

Answer: Respectfully Disagree

You can politely tell them them that you respectfully disagree with them. If they are receptive, you can tell them why. If they start to get belligerent, you can say nothing more.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?