Self Realization Lecture and Janis Joplin

On 2 January 2016 in Santiago, Chile I gave a well-attended lecture on self-realization at the popular downtown venue, The Alameda Art Center. At the entrance to the center was a large poster of the famous super star female rock-n-roll singer Janis Joplin advertising a documentary film to be shown at the art center glorifying her life. This was a perfect lead in for my self-realization lecture because I personally came in touch Janis on 10 July 1970 in Austin, Texas. She had returned to Austin for a special concert celebrating the birthday of Kenneth Threadgill, the owner of the local music venue where she used to sing before she became famous. I was standing with her as the media people approached to interview her. Not wanting to be interviewed and very disturbed by media attention, in a very miserable, pathetic voice she pleaded with them, "Please have mercy. Please have mercy." I was amazed to see that here is such a rich and famous person who is so completely miserable. Sadly, within 3 months on 4 October 1970 she died due to a drug overdose of heroin at the age of 27.

This intro grabbed my audience's attention. I then explained to them in great detail how real happiness has nothing to do with one's situation in the external world. Rather it is achieved by awakening one's real self within through the chanting the Hare Krishna mahamantra. At the conclusion of the lecture many asked questions and quite a few members of the audience came forward to get my card with instructions of how to join our e-course.
Big Poster Everyone Saw While Entering the Alameda Art Center

Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process
Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center--3 January 2016

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Attentive Hearing

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Enthusiastic Questions

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Card Distribution

Sankarshan Das Describing the Glorious Self-Realization Process Santiago, Chile--Alameda Art Center

Artist's Concept of Our Completed Project in Austin, Texas USA

$43,541.83 collected with $2,456,458.17 still to go.
Contributions gratefully accepted at:
http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com/donate

Artist's Concept of ISKCON Austin Project

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Question: How to Properly Balance My Activities?

I am a 12th standard student. I chant 6 rounds regularly, but in a very inattentive way. In the past few months I have been struggling to control my mind. I have not prepared myself for exams well as I was most of the time engaged in unproductive activities like spending excessive time on cell phone using Internet. Everyday I delayed my studies but as I started chanting seriously I feel a sense of control and am able to do all my activities without distraction. But the problem is that I still don't fully utilize my potential as I lack the enthusiasm or motivation to study hard and do other devotional activities with a serious intent to please Krishna. So how can I become motivated to study for Krishna and at the same time perform my devotion with a deep intent to please Krishna.

Vishal

Answer: Prioritize Krishna

If you will begin every day focusing your attention exclusively on Krishna by carefully chanting His names, you will then be able to do all of your duties throughout the day as an offering of love to Him. In short, you must always prioritize Krishna. Then everything will work out nicely.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?