Keep Your Balance

The secret of always remaining equipoised or balanced in a perfect state of enlightened consciousness is to always see everything equally as the merciful, beneficent arrangement of Lord Sri Krishna. In this way in all circumstance the devotee joyfully offers himself to Krishna as His eternal servant in each and everything situation he experiences while traversing through this material existence. In such a state of transcendental consciousness the devotee remains unaffected by the dualities of hot and cold, happiness and distress, honor and dishonor, etc. and thus always remains happy by constantly taking shelter of the holy name, fame, pastimes, teachings, entourage etc. of the extraordinarily and unlimitedly kind all-attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Always Remembering Krishna is the Perfect Balance

Always Remembering Krishna is the Perfect Balance

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:

Question: Whom Should I Accept As My Spiritual Master?

Can you please enlighten me on whom to accept as my spiritual master? I have a great respect and faith in all Srila Prabhupada's disciples. I understand them as great dedicated servants of Guru, Gauranga, and Krishna. Then whose shelter I should seek?

Other than this I have more questions. Who is really eligible to become an initiated disciple? With what service of the disciple is the spiritual master very much pleased? I heard in a lecture that pleasing the spiritual master is also pleasing Krishna. Can you please enlighten me on this?

Please forgive me if my way of inquiry is not proper. Please enlighten and correct me if I my understanding or etiquette is wrong.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Aditya

Answer: Who is Most Available to Answer Your Questions

Since, according to Srila Rupa Goswami, after accepting a guru your next duty is to inquire from the spiritual master about how to advance in Krishna consciousness, you should select as your guru that spiritual master from whom you have the best opportunity to directly inquire from him and get your questions answered.

That person who is serious to go back to Godhead at the conclusion of this lifetime is the most suitable candidate for becoming a disciple.

What pleases the spiritual master the most is if you love Krishna. And what pleases Krishna most is if you love your spiritual master. That love is seen by how much you are dedicated to execute the instructions you have received from your spiritual master.

Your mood of humbly inquiring from the spiritual master is first class. This is the perfection of etiquette.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?