When Punishment Becomes a Reward

For a pure devotee of the Lord even punishment is experienced as a great reward. One of the twelve great authorities of devotional service, Yamaraja--the god of death, made a mistake in his dealing with Manduka Muni as was cursed by him to become a sudra. However, the apparent punishment turned out to a wonderful blessing when Yamaraja took birth as Vidura for 100 years and got a very good opportunity for preaching Krishna consciousness. Normally in his service as the god of death he does not get any opportunity for preaching. But being blessed by curse of Manduka Muni he got the most wonderful opportunity to serve Lord Krishna by preaching.

Prabhupada Teaches the Sublime, Ultimate Science

Prabhupada Teaches the Sublime, Ultimate Science

Answers by Citing the Vedic Version

Appreciation: I Feel Your Prayers

Regarding 29 August's lesson about hatred and persecution I want to share my feedback. I grew up as a Roman Catholic, and only recently I subscribed for your lessons and newsletter. I want to thank you for your work and prayers because I feel your prayers and presence in my life and thus know that you pray for your group. I am also very inspired by your "living", strong faith and spiritual discipline and urgency/seriousness (that we need to do our work now and 100% -not in 1000 years.)

Thank you
Tom

Answer: We Pray for the Benefit of all Beings

Our spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada, has taught us to pray constantly for the welfare of living beings. I am very happy to hear that you are feeling the benefit of our prayers. This is all happening by the mercy of the Supreme Lord.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?