When Disaster Strikes

When disaster of any variety strikes the first thing to do is remember that Lord Krishna is the still the Supreme Controller and that therefore any disaster small or big is fully manageable if we simply take complete shelter of the Lord. In fact, disaster is our best friend because it gives us an unparalleled opportunity to realize how tiny and insignificant we are and how much we are completely dependent on the loving mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Today, my last day in India (20 October 2010), I was not able to boot up my computer properly and after running some diagnostics with the help of a technician I found out that my computer's hard disk was ruined and in need of replacement. For someone who uses their laptop computer constantly for answering emails and for writing and uploading "Thought for the Day" every day, a hard disk failure is a disaster. But by Krishna's grace my data was backed up and I am limping by still remaining engaged in answering my emails and publishing another "Thought for the Day." This is all due to kindness of that unlimitedly sweet Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: Why Do I Get Tears in My Eyes?

Why do I get tears in my eyes whenever I listen to kirtan or think of Lord Krishna?

P.G.

Answer: Now Perfect Your Natural Tendency

This means that by your very nature you are a devotee of Krishna. So now you must seriously adopt the full process of Krishna bhakti by chanting at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra daily, strictly giving up sinful activities, taking shelter of the bona fide spiritual master, and getting initiated by the bona fide spiritual maser. In this way the seed of pure bhakti that is already present in your heart will be nurtured more and more so that gradually you will become completely perfect in pure love of Godhead.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?