Indescribable Bliss in Vrindavana

What could be more ecstatic than rising early in the morning way before dawn in the holy place where Lord Sri Krishna enacted His transcendental pastimes 5,000 years ago and is indeed still enacting them today? This is Sri Vrindavana Dhama, the transcendental abode of Lord Sri Krishna. After taking bath, dressing in devotional clothing, and applying sacred clay on my body, I dive deep into meditation on Lord Sri Krishna's unlimitedly sweet and merciful holy names which are 100% non-different from Him. Then I proceed to Prabhupada's Samadhi which is abuzz with over a hundred devotees chanting their japa and drinking in the sweet nectar of Srila Prabhupada's mercy and Lord Sri Krishna's mercy. I prostate myself flat on the floor in front of the gigantic wooden doors behind which Srila Prabhupada regally sits in his deity form awaiting our worship. I then offer my humble obeisances to my eternal spiritual master with the following prayers:

nama oṁ viṣṇu-pādāya kṛṣṇa-preṣṭhāya bhū-tale
śrīmate bhaktivedānta-svāmin iti nāmine

namas te sārasvate deve gaura-vāṇī-pracāriṇe
nirviśeṣa-śūnyavādi-pāścātya-deśa-tāriṇe

(Translation: I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Lord Krishna on this earth, having taken shelter at His lotus feet.

Our respectful obeisances are unto you, O spiritual master, servant of Sarasvatī Goswami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Caitanyadeva and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism.)

These prayers, uttered with sincere devotion, connect me with my spiritual master, who then connects me with Krishna and His transcendental land of Vrindavan. This is the most wonderful indescribable bliss.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari


Srila Prabhupada Takes Devotees
on Vrindavana Parikrama (early 70's)
Srila Prabhupada Takes Devotees on Vrindavana Parikrama

Answers According to the Vedic Version:

Question: How Can I Develop Bhakti?

How can I develop bhakti, pure devotion to God? What are the ways to achieve it?

Vijayan

Answer: Through these Nine Methods

Bhakti is developed through these nine processes described in the Srimad Bhagavatam:

(1) Hearing about the Lord
(2) Glorifying the Lord
(3) Remembering the Lord
(4) Serving the lotus feet of the Lord
(5) Worshiping the Lord
(6) Offering prayers to the Lord
(7) Serving the Lord,
(8) Making friendship with the Lord
(9) Surrendering everything unto the Lord

These nine principles of devotional service -- taken all together or one by one -- help a devotee remain constantly in touch with God. In this way, at the end of life it is easy for the devotee to remember the Lord.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?