Here's How Krishna Entered My Life

I was a young collge student in the Fall of 1968 in Denver, Colorado USA who was more interested in self realization than I was in a college degree. One night after I had gone to bed I got an impassioned knock on my apartment door. It was my friend, Patrick Dolan, with a few of his friends coming to hide in my apartment from their Joe who had just gone crazy on LSD and was going naked on the street. Patrick started chanting Hare Krishna and told us all to also chant it for Joe's protection. After a while they all left and I feel asleep.

The next day I went to Patrick's apartment to ask him about the Hare Krishna that he was chanting. He showed me article from a popular magazine which told about Bhaktivedanta Swami describing the benefits of chanting Hare Krishna. I was intrigued. So I checked out a copy of the Bhagavad-gita from a local library and read how Krishna was saying that if we offer Him our vegetarian food with love and devotion that He would accept. This truly amazed. I was never taught anything like this in my Christian upbringing. So I found a beautiful picture of Radha and Krishna in a gift store and made an altar before which I chanted Hare Kirshna and then offered my food.

This is how my spiritual began. I then resolved that my career choice was to go to India and be a holy beggar for the rest of my life. However on the way to India I realized that if I deny everything, I have to also deny denial. This meant I had to accept something transcendental. So I then realized to dedicate my life for making a spiritual revolution on Planet Earth. This brought me eventually to becoming a disciple of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in 1971. The details of this story are being presented in my upcoming book, "Blessed with Boundless Bliss." As soon as the book is published I will give you all here in Thought for the Day the information how you can a copy or copies.



Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Beautiful Radha and Krishna I Found

Radha and Krishna

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Do What God Wants Me to Do?

Please accept my humble obeisances
All glories to Srila Prabhupada

My name is Bhakta Gio from RVC and I had a question concerning our hearts. When I was a boy I remember praying to God and during that time I really tried opening my heart. After I did that I really felt that I had done something right. My question is how can one open his heart so that they can feel like they are doing the right thing in all situations?

Bhakta Gio

Answer: Surrender to the Bonafide Spiritual Master

From: Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Bhakta Gio,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Krishna is giving you a personal instruction in the Bhagavad-gita. He says

tad viddhi praṇipātena
paripraśnena sevayā
upadekṣyanti te jñānaṁ
jñāninas tattva-darśinaḥ

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master.
Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth."

So when you fully surrender to the bona fide spiritual master you can know for sure that you are doing what God wants you to do.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,


Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission



ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?