How Narada Muni Was Blessed  with Krishna Consciousness

In the First Canto, Chapter 5 Srila Narada Muni very wonderfully describes in detail to Srila Vyasadeva how he was blessed with Krishna consciousness. Here's what he spoke:

O muni, in my past life, in the last millennium, I was born as the son of a certain maidservant engaged in the service of brāhmaṇas who were following the principles of Vedānta. When they were living together during the four months of the rainy season, I was engaged in their personal service.

Although they were impartial by nature, those followers of the Vedānta blessed me with their causeless mercy. As far as I was concerned, I was self-controlled and had no attachment for sports, even though I was a boy. In addition, I was not naughty, and I did not speak more than required.

Once only, by their permission, I took the remnants of their food, and by so doing all my sins were at once eradicated. Thus being engaged, I became purified in heart, and at that time the very nature of the transcendentalist became attractive to me.

O Vyāsadeva, in that association and by the mercy of those great Vedāntists, I could hear them describe the attractive activities of Lord Kṛṣṇa. And thus as I listened attentively, my taste for hearing of the Personality of Godhead increased at every step.

O great sage, as soon as I got a taste for the Personality of Godhead, my attention to hear of the Lord was unflinching. And as my taste developed, I could realize that it was only in my ignorance that I had accepted gross and subtle coverings, for both the Lord and I are transcendental.

Thus during two seasons—the rainy season and autumn—I had the opportunity to hear these great-souled sages constantly chant the unadulterated glories of the Lord Hari. As the flow of my devotional service began, the coverings of the modes of passion and ignorance vanished.

I was very much attached to those sages. I was gentle in behavior, and all my sins were eradicated in their service. In my heart I had strong faith in them. I had subjugated the senses, and I was strictly following them with body and mind.

As they were leaving, those bhakti-vedāntas, who are very kind to poor-hearted souls, instructed me in that most confidential subject which is instructed by the Personality of Godhead Himself.

====== end of quotation ==========

Kindly note that Narada Muni strictly followed those sages with body and mind. This strict following is required. If we water down the instructions we receive from our spiritual master mixing them with material sense gratification, we will not get the desired result of the awakening of our dormant Krishna consciousness.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Narada Muni, the Great Spiritual Master

Narada Muni

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Peaceful Mind and Successful Business?

How to make my mind peaceful?

And what are some success tips for making my business grow?

Amit Das

Answer: Remember Krishna and Make the World Krishna Conscious

From: Melbourne, Australia
My Dear Amit,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You can keep your mind always peaceful by always remembering Krishna.

If you make your business to be a pure devotee and make the whole world Krishna conscious, you will have unlimited success. But if you are only looking for material success, you will only get what your karma allows you to get and nothing more.

I hope this meets you in the best of health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

The Most Urgent World Deliverance Mission

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
ISKCON Founder-Acharya, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, ordered his disciples to become gurus and deliver the world. Sankarshan Das Adhikari has taken this order very seriously and is thus accepting disciples all over the world and has dedicated himself fully to the mission of making the entire world Krishna conscious as soon as possible. He requests your help in this most urgent world deliverance mission to save the suffering humanity from gliding down to the animal kingdom in their next births.

Sankarshan Das Adhikari email: sd@worldleader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?