Great Vaisnava Acarya: Srila Narottam Das Thakur

Great Vaisnava Acarya: Srila Narottam Das Thakur
Here is a most wonderful song, Hari Hari Biphale, by Narottam Das Thakur with the original Bengali and an English singable translation:

hari hari! bifale janama goṅāinu
manuṣya-janama pāiyā, rādhā-kṛṣṇa nā bhajiyā,
jāniyā śuniyā biṣa khāinu

Although I’ve come to this human form
My Lord I’ve spent my life uselessly.
I did not care to serve Radha and Krishna
So I swallow poison knowingly,

golokera prema-dhana, hari-nāma-saṅkīrtana,
rati nā janmilo kene tāy
saṁsāra-biṣānale, dibā-niśi hiyā jwale,
jurāite nā koinu upāy

Hare Krishna mantra comes straight from Krishnaloka,
But with chanting I have no connection.
Day and night I’m burning in this dark world
Without working to make the correction.

brajendra-nandana jei, śacī-suta hoilo sei,
balarāma hoilo nitāi
dīna-hīna jata chilo, hari-nāme uddhārilo,
tāra śākṣī jagāi mādhāi

Lord Krishna comes as Saci’s son.
Balarama descends as Nitai.
By chanting, the wretched have all been saved,
Including Jagai and Madhai.

hā hā prabhu nanda-suta, vṛṣabhānu-sutā-juta,
koruṇā karoho ei-bāro
narottama-dāsa koy, nā ṭheliho rāṅgā pāy,
tomā bine ke āche āmāra

Oh my dear Lord, O Son of King Nanda,
Together with Vrishabhanu’s daughter
“I’ve got no shelter but Radha and Krishna,”
Humbly prays Narottama Das Thakur.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've worked out a nice arrangement for this song sung in English. Once it is nicely recorded I will share it with you.

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Join ISKCON?

Hare Krishna,
Sir, my name is Sandeep Kumar. I'm from India. Before this I never believed in God, but after following you, Sri Sankarshan das Adhikari, by receiving so many emails about Lord Krishna I have realized that I am totally wrong. Thanks to you from my heart now Lord Krishna has changed my life. Now my life is only for Lord Krishna. My every second is for Lord Krishna. I want to join this Hare Krishna movement. I want to become a part of this wisdom. So please guide me how I can join.

Answer: I Will Connect You With Devotees in Your Area

My Dear Sandeep,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am most happy to hear this wonderful good news. Even though Lord Krishna is the very source of our existence, in other words even though we only exist because Krishna is emanating us from Himself for the purpose of enjoying sweet loving relationships with each and every one us, hundreds of millions of people all the world deny His existence. That Krishna has blessed you with understanding His existence is a great cause for celebration.

Kindly inform of me of your location so that I can connect you with devotees in your area.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Everyone Should Join the ISKCON Family

Everyone Should Join the ISKCON Family
Sankarshan Das Adhikari
Sankarshan Das Adhikari is one of the spiritual masters of the worldwide Hare Krishna Movement. He has dedicated the last 50 years of his life for bringing a spiritual revolution to planet earth by spreading the teachings of Lord Sri Krishna all over the world. He is based in Austin, Texas and when there is no pandemic regularly travels all over the world teaching his audiences how to attain Krishna consciousness, the highest stage of spiritual awakening. He is available for media interviews and to speak to groups and organizations either in person or via the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?