Why I Do Not Believe in the Atheist Faith

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
I reject dogmatic thinking. Atheism is blind faith in defiance of all reason and logic, in the non-scientific notion that everything has come out of nothing. There is not one shred of empirical evidence to support this doctrinairism. If my atheist friends can can make even one mosquito out of nothing, I will wholeheartedly join their atheist camp. Until then, I will continue using reason and logic to understand the reality of my existence and the existence that surrounds us all.

If They Can Manufacture Even One Mosquito
Out of Nothing, I Will Become an Atheist

I Will Become an Atheist

Devotees Chant Hare Krishna in Ecstasy

Devotees Chant Hare Krishna in Ecstasy

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Since Everything is Krishna Why Do We Have to Chant?

According to the Bhagavad-gita God is present everywhere in the world, and God has no name or shape. So my question is, "Why pray to God by chanting Hare Krishna or with other mantras?" Since God is everything whatever we speak is already about God. Since everything is one and everything we speak is already a prayer to God, why do need to chant Hare Krishna?
Please forgive me if my question was wrong. If I made any mistakes in my question, please correct me.
With regards,
Vamsi Guggilam

Answer: Krishna Wants Us to Chant

My Dear Vamsi,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
I appreciate the genuineness and humility with which you have inquired. I beg to correct you for your misunderstandings.
You are referring to the philosophy that everything is one, that everything is God. In one sense this is true. Just as the sun, although located in one place is present everywhere by the diffusion of its energy, the sunshine, in the same way Krishna is present everywhere through His expanded energies. When the sun rises in the morning we say that the sun has come. But it is the sun's energy, the sunshine, that has come through our window, not the sun planet. If the sun planet had come through our window, we would immediately be burned to death. So in the same way, even though God and His energy are one like the sun and the sunshine, we must understand that there is a difference also. Therefore the highest philosophical understanding is to understand the simultaneous oneness and difference of everything with God.

You have not properly understood the Bhagavad-gita. Lord Sri Krishna clearly reveals Himself in Chapter 10, Text 8 as God, a person with a name and a form, the source of existence:
ahaṁ sarvasya prabhavo
mattaḥ sarvaṁ pravartate
iti matvā bhajante māṁ
budhā bhāva-samanvitāḥ
"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts."
And He demonstrates this practically, proving that it is not words only, by revealing His universal form to Arjuna in Chapter 11.
Along with proving that He is God, the source of all existence He also advises us to always be chanting His holy names with love and devotion.
satataṁ kīrtayanto māṁ
yatantaś ca dṛḍha-vratāḥ
namasyantaś ca māṁ bhaktyā
nitya-yuktā upāsate
'Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion."
Hoping this meets you in good health. 

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?