Be an Intelligent Opportunist

Sankarshan Das Adhikari
There is nothing wrong in being an opportunist who serves his own self interest, if you do it intelligently. Intelligently being an opportunist means to fully surrender to Krishna (God) knowing fully well that by doing so you will be serving your own highest self interest as well as the highest self interest of all living beings. It just like when you water the root of the tree all of its leaves and branches are nourished. When you purely give all of your love to Krishna you are perfectly loving yourself as well as perfectly loving and serving all living beings.

Watering the Root Waters the Whole Tree

Watering the Root Waters the Whole Tree

Krishna is Realized by Loving Service

Krishna is Realized by Loving Service

Answers According to the Vedic Wisdom

Question: Understand Krishna Through Bhakti?

Dear Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to you.
 
Maharaja, I have seen your video "The Peace Formula" and your videos of kirtana. I have been following you for a year, reading your Thoughts for the Day. I have seen many videos of you with devotees from Lithuania and all the love that you give your disciples. I realize that in this world it is very difficult to find something like that. I have very little spiritual knowledge. I am an independent musician from Chimborazo Ecuador.  Now I live in Guayaquil. You have inspired me to perform a song with the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. I apologize if I am being opportunist because of doing that song because I know very little about the movement.  I have only been attending the temple for two years, and I would like you to instruct me.
 
Maharaja, I also wanted to ask you a question: Through bhakti can we understand Krishna, His actions and His form?
 
Your insignificant servant,
Xavier Rivera

Answer: Yes, Realize Krishna Through Bhakti

My Dear Xavier,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am requesting you to become an initiated disciple and to use your music to make a spiritual revolution on this this planet.  To become a disciple chant at least sixteen rounds a day of Hare Krishna japa mala and strictly avoid illicit sex, meat eating, intoxication, and gambling.
 
Yes, simply by fully engaging yourself in devotional service you will realize Krishna's forms, His pastimes, His teaching, His qualities, etc.

Hoping this meets you in good health.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?