Perfect Disciple

Krishna says:

ye me bhakta-janāḥ pārtha
na me bhaktāś ca te janāḥ
mad-bhaktānāṁ ca ye bhaktās
te me bhakta-tamā matāḥ

“Those who are My direct devotees are actually not My devotees, but only those who are the devotees of My devotee are factually My devotees.

If one is serious about being God's devotee, he must follow the Lord's order to be the devotee of His devotee. In other words those who claim to be devotees of God but are not devoted to God's devotees are rejected by Him as not being His devotees. This is not some of kind of draconian rule. It is rather a very ecstatic principle.

Why?

The devotees of God are naturally very kind. They are thus very approachable and wonderful. By associating with them we naturally develop love and affection for them. And by awakening our loving feelings for them we automatically awaken love of God within our hearts, which is the perfection of our existence.

Srila Prabhupada Trains Disciples How to Be Perfect

Srila Prabhupada Trains Disciples How to Be Perfect

Video for the Day

Most Sacred Place in the Universe

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: Quality of a Good Disciple?

What is the quality of a good disciple?

Vrajendra Nandana Sacisuta Das

Answer: Guru's Order is Life and Soul

From: Sri Vrindavan Dhama

My Dear Vrajendra Nandan Sacisuta,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

He takes the order of his spiritual master as his very life and soul.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?