Conquer Your Mind, Conquer the World

In his purport to Sri Caitanya Caritamrita, Adi Lila, Chapter 7, Verse 83 Srila Prabhupada as follows:

"A sincere student aurally receives the holy name from the spiritual master, and after being initiated he follows the regulative principles given by the spiritual master. When the holy name is properly served in this way, automatically the spiritual nature of the holy name spreads; in other words, the devotee becomes qualified in offenselessly chanting the holy name. When one is completely fit to chant the holy name in this way, he is eligible to make disciples all over the world, and he actually becomes jagad-guru. Then the entire world, under his influence, begins to chant the holy names of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra."

The most powerful and effective technique for bringing the mind completely under control in this most materialistic age of Kali is to purely chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra without any offense. The person who has mastered the art of purely chanting Hare Krishna is factually jagad-guru, the spiritual master of the whole universe. He is fully empowered to make the world Krishna consciousness. Such a person has conquered his mind and can indeed conquer the whole world by inducing everyone to chant the Hare Krishna mahamantra. Srila Prabhupada is such a jagad-guru. This is why we want to flood the world with his books.

Jagad-Guru Srila Prabhupada in Deep Meditation

Jagad-Guru Srila Prabhupada in Deep Meditation

Video for the Day

Conquer Your Mind and Reconnect with Krishna

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Request: Please Guide Me

My dear Srila Gurudeva,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

From the past few months, I have become less interested in Krishna Consciousness. I have stopped reading Bhagavad-gita, but I still pray to God. Initially I used to be very excited about bhakti yoga, but now it is driving me mad. I am becoming very rigid. I want to be peaceful, but I am unable to come out of my so-called comfort zone. I know my material ambitions will lead me nowhere, but it's becoming difficult for me to come out of my nonsense comfort zone and practice bhakti. Initially I used to see Krishna sometimes in my dreams and in one dream Srila Prabhupada also came and told me to beg Krishna to bless me to love him. But nowadays I don't dream anything spiritual anymore. I am so ashamed of myself. I have become an unhappy soul. The last time I attended an ISKCON program it was very enlightening. I think Krishna still has hope for me that I can become a devotee.

Please forgive me, Srila Gurudeva, and please guide me.

Hare Krishna,
(Name Withheld for confidentiality)

Answer: Bring Your Mind Back to Krishna

From: Sri Vrindavan Dhama

My Dear Student,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Your problem is that you are following the dictates of your fickle mind. Those who actually successful in spiritual awakening know that the mind must always be engaged under the direction of the intelligence, which is the next door neighbor of the soul. As a matter of self-discipline you must bring now mind back to Krishna in order achieve the ultimate goal of returning back to your original identity you once had in the spiritual world before you foolishly misused your minute independence by coming here to this material world to try to enjoy separately from the Lord.

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,
Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?