Like a Child Learning How to Walk

In the beginning stages of self-realization, due to one's lingering material attachments, the neophyte devotee may sometimes have difficulty in his spiritual progress, something like a child who sometimes stumbles while he learning how to walk. The key is to keep going with determination, enthusiasm, and patience. In this way, in due course of time, one is guaranteed to become successful in awakening his or her dormant Krishna consciousness.

Click Here for Sunday Feast Lecture at ISKCON Austin--20 January 2019

Becoming a Devotee is Like a Baby Learning to Walk

Becoming a Devotee is Like a Baby Learning to Walk

Video for the Day

The Only True Solution for the World's Problems

Answers According to Vedic Wisdom

Question: How to Write to You?

Gurudeva,

Perhaps our efforts for making the world Krishna conscious should be in a direction that we do have some power: over our own lives. I am a member of a 12 Step group, the one called Al-Anon. We learn that our efforts to change others by promotion does not work. The only way we can influence others is by the power of attraction. If I try to get my husband to chant, he will laugh and won't do it. If I put my effort instead into diving deep into the Spirit then he will see a change in me and maybe one day want to try doing that, too!

I do not feel so comfortable writing humble words. I suppose if you will tell me exactly how I should begin and end an email to you, I can try to put my heart into the words you give me. I didn't know if I should do exactly as you write to me. Maybe the devotee is better off saying something else. I don't want to be phony, but if you tell me what to say then I can try to write that and put my whole heart into it!

In the meantime:
Lots of love and appreciation,
Suzanne


Answer: Here is a Sample

From: ISKCON Austin, Texas USA

My Dear Suzanne,

Please accept my blessings.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

You are absolutely correct. Srila Prabhupada explains that if one can purely chant Hare Krishna without any offense, under his influence the whole world will take up chanting Hare Krishna. So this is my goal.

A nice format for writing the spiritual master is as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dear Srila Gurudeva,
Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

(the body of your letter)

Your eternal servant,

(Your name)
---------------------------------------------------------

I hope this meets you in the best of health and in an ecstatic mood.

Your ever well-wisher,

Sankarshan Das Adhikari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Sparrow Who Conquered the Ocean

Heart Melting Reunion with Amarendra and Gayatri

Who is this Krishna?